Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've placed an order for a 38kw premium and it should be delivered within a few weeks as its in stock, I've been looking around for home charging points and every nation wide company states a standard install includes clipping clipping cable to internal walls which I don't want done since the cable will run from my drive through through livingroom.

Has anyone had experience of a similar setup where the cables have been hidden in a wall?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where is your consumer unit located? Essentially they need to get an electrical feed from somewhere! My install was wired into the actual electric box on the side of the house so I didnt have to have any unsightly cables internally so this might be an option depending on space?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the electrical stuff is near the rear of the house, the house was built in 2014 so it seems like newer houses have it all in one place rather than the meter and consumer units being in separate places.

I've had a quote to run it through the walls from a local place but it's a fair amount more and I'd still need to get someone to patch the walls myself after, waiting on a second quote coming in tomorrow.

Luckily I'm in Scotland so there is a 2nd grant I can apply for in addition to the olev one

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
398 Posts
I used to live in a house built in 1938, my Dad lives in one from 1939 and my brother-in-law’s property is from the same era; all meters and consumer units are under the stairs, next to the outside wall of the house. The new build trend, with meter boxes on the outside is still to group the consumer units together, usually near the front door because that’s where services tend to enter the property. Just make sure whoever installs it / does the wiring, is properly certified and that your house supply can cope with the drain properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys, I've been talking with another installer thats been really helpful, they've got an idea for a solution that would only have a short run on an internal wall, where they proposed this wouldn't be bad at all.
Just waiting on the final paperwork from the dealer ship to go forward with the grant side of things and get it installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts