Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the Curt hitch Model 11486 fits the 2017 Hybrid model... is it possible that it's compatible with the 2018 Hybrid and even the 2018 PHEV?
A quick look under the bumper on my PHEV looks pretty much the same as the Hybrid looking at the install instructions I found on the interwebs...
I just need some confirmation that someone tried. I'd be really happy to use my bike rack again :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Found the Curt hitch Model 11486 fits the 2017 Hybrid model... is it possible that it's compatible with the 2018 Hybrid and even the 2018 PHEV?
A quick look under the bumper on my PHEV looks pretty much the same as the Hybrid looking at the install instructions I found on the interwebs...
I just need some confirmation that someone tried. I'd be really happy to use my bike rack again :)
It is the same for the 2017 and 2018 hybrid. I believe it is the same for the PHEV as they have not changed the underbody at all. The battery drops into the spare tire well and come up into the rear storage area some, but does not extend down. I can't give you absolute confirmation but I believe it fits.

I installed the Curt hitch purchased from etrailer.com and it works great on my hybrid.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So is it safe to run a trailer hitch bike rack versus a roof rack version on the 2018?

I also need some extra cargo space for family trips, and was wondering which way to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Weekend project after a looooong winter....
Bought the Curt 11486 hitch to try to fit it on my 2018 plug-in:

Fits like a glove, exact same instructions as the intented use for 2017 Hybrids only according to Curt:

Finally the bike rack will become useful again!
Just don't mind the dirt.... we still get rain/snow and roads are awful :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was also thinking about this, I have a basket style cargo carrier from my old smaller Toyota Yaris. I used it quite a bit traveling, camping, and making trips to the transfer station with recycling and trash- especially stuff I didn't want inside the car.
I'm going to keep my eye out for something that can accomodate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone installed a hitch in the 2020 PHEV? If yes, can you share the hitch model?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts