Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ioniq Hybrid Premium SE ordered and on the way - maybe registered by 30/31 March, which isn't bad as I only decided to go for it on Saturday just gone! [Dealer said it was the last one showing at sea with a VIN on the system that wasn't already sold/reserved], so hoping it sneaks in under the VED change radar.

I'd planned to get one later this year once my current Citroen C4 passed the "expensive things now start failing" mileage barrier, but saw about the tax changes and decided to call the local Hyundai dealer in an attempt to beat the clock.

Based in sunny Essex, UK

·
Registered
843 Posts
Welcome.

You're very luck to get one so soon, but I would be slightly cautious of actual delivery dates.
You might even have hit lucky on someone else's order that they recently cancelled because of the vagueness of actual delivery.

Do you have a docking date? If not, ask for one, because that is the best guide to guaging when you get the car in hand!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Ioniq Hybrid Premium SE ordered and on the way - maybe registered by 30/31 March, which isn't bad as I only decided to go for it on Saturday just gone! [Dealer said it was the last one showing at sea with a VIN on the system that wasn't already sold/reserved], so hoping it sneaks in under the VED change radar.

I'd planned to get one later this year once my current Citroen C4 passed the "expensive things now start failing" mileage barrier, but saw about the tax changes and decided to call the local Hyundai dealer in an attempt to beat the clock.

Based in sunny Essex, UK
welcome Phclarke

there are a few ex demo's still around as well

which colour you getting or is it a surprise when it turns up on the dealers forecourt ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went for Black as that was the only one on the system - plus I prefer darker colour cars, motorway driving isn't kind to bright, or light, colours, the kicker was that literally 2 hours before I phoned up the garage sold an exact car that they did have in stock onsite (maybe ex-demo/pre-reg? or maybe salesman hamming it up a bit, who knows.)

So yes I may have snuck in on getting allocated a car that someone decided to give up on due to the wait.

I've been told that they hope it to be in the UK and through all registration by 30/31 March, so perhaps it was on the boat due to have docked at Tilbury this evening not too far down the road from me. I'll probably call them on Friday for an update if I haven't heard anything, I know I've definitely got one though which is the main thing just have to be patient.

Or it could be the landing date is 30/31 March but doesn't seem to be any ships of the fleet they use due to dock at Tilbury on any dates 20th onwards when I looked on their landing schedule this afternoon and I'll be looking late April/early May before I get my hands on it - the dealer has already made up for possible tax increases in the final price so I'm already covered in that sense, would be nice to have a quick extra win though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts