Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am from the uk and currently have 2014 BMW 320d. I am pretty sure I'm placing an order tomorrow for a hybrid ioniq. I have decided that whilst ok for the planet, diesel seems to be so bad for people that I want to change to a greener car. Looking at all sorts of options and the most cost effective, for what you get, is the ioniq. I've had two Hyundai before, the coupe back when it was decent in 2000 and an ix35 back in 2011. Both times the cars were great value, especially on affinity.

Still not sure about 15 or 17 inch wheels though.

White looks very cool so it could be a white un.

Hi and by for now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome to the group. I have been a VW man for 20 years but now waiting for an Ioniq hybrid to be built. I had a look at VWs offering, and nothing came close to specification without being double the price. Yes the Golf GTE is one h3ll of a car, but not double the price of the Ioniq with the equivalent bells and whistles on. German cars at the moment don't appear to be good value for money. I am getting my Ioniq through a works Salary sacrifice scheme so being an eco car helps with benefit in kind taxes etc. Yes the interior isn't quite to the same build quality of The German brands, but it is still very good. I am looking forward to the daily commute in Norwich whereby I will be silently moving around in the queues the city council likes to make at the moment. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi...and thanks for the welcome.

I was told that I wouldn't have to wait for a build as they have plenty of premium se in white available. It was important to me as I did not want the car to arrive post April and therefore attract the £140 a year road tax. I am having a final test drive tomorrow but was impressed on the first run out.

How long will you have to wait? Are you going all electric or hybrid, and which wheels lol?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Maybe it's worth looking for an ex demo if you want one before April . I picked up a Hybrid with 320 miles on the clock and saved a couple of thousand . 15" wheels are a very smooth ride

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome 2buyornot

there are a few good deals out there at the moment to be had on ex demo cars, and a few stock cars still in the system, though not many left out there now, just depends how picky you are on colour and spec

I agree re diesel, that why my last car was a 1.2 petrol i20, diesel emission controls are strangling diesels economy and pushing price of a diesel up (currently VAG diesels cost £2000 more than the same power / size petrol)

I was loyal to skoda for 15 years and drove diesel for over 30 years, but I came to the conclusion petrol / hybrid tech had caught up and was now the cleaner and more environmentally friendly, and he Ioniq is a good looking car with lots of toys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts