Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I picked up a white Hybrid Premium SE last week - first impressions are OK. I had a 2014 Qashqai which was coming to the end of it's PCP and I'd been looking for a pure EV to replace it as my wife owns a Renault Zoe and we love electic cars. There isn't currently any new EV (or PHEV for that matter) completely suitable for our primary car though, at least not in my price range!

I therefore took advantage of the great lease deals available on the hybrid, to get some element of electrification for a couple of years when the EV situation will have hopefully improved and there are more models available with decent range at more affordable prices. I did have a test drive of the Ioniq EV and was very impressed (more than with the hybrid), but it's just priced too high for me at present.

It's my first time driving a hybrid, and moving from the Qashqai to a fairly low-slung car takes some getting used to!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers bluecar1, yeah I do like my gadgets, something the Ioniq is packed with I have to say! The main reason for the Premium SE was for the heated rear seats although I also fancied trying out leather seats for a change too. They each have their pros and cons. The ventilated front seats are funky too, not that they'll be getting much use for a few months!

I know these aren't Premium SE-specific but I tried out the lane assist and adaptive cruise yesterday too - LOVED the LKAS, had it in full active mode but found the adaptive cruise a bit "digital", i.e. it was always slowing down or speeding up quite vigorously even though I'd changing the settings to "slow". It was great when coming down from 70 to 50 and not having to touch the brake though!

Enjoy your run, should get decent MPG on that. I'm averaging around 45MPG around town and got just over 60MPG on the motorway yesterday. That's just under twice as good as the Qashqai so I'm pretty happy on that score.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I tend to use the speed limiter rather than smart cruise as you can't control easily the braking aspect, you have the slow, normal, fast settings for acceleration, it would be nice to have similar for the braking

also the smart cruise you can't lift off to drop it into EV mode on the flat or gentle slope

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Seems like a great switch from the Qashqai especially after seeing that your getting close to double the mpg.

Do you feel anything is lacking?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Seems like a great switch from the Qashqai especially after seeing that your getting close to double the mpg.

Do you feel anything is lacking?
Thanks, yeah the fuel economy is a big plus, as is the fact that it's costing me a lot less per month in finance payments!

As mentioned in my other thread, lack of sound deadening is the main thing lacking for me as I do seem to have a lot of road noise coming from the boot area, even with the cover closed. Could be just me being fussy though.

Other than that, and call me crazy, but the biggest thing I miss from the Qashqai is a place to put loose change! The Qashqai had a round slot in the front arm rest that was perfect to hold a few pound coins for car parks etc, and unless I haven't found it yet, the Ioniq doesn't have any equivalent. Not a major issue though, and there are plenty of things better than the Qashqai. Backlit buttons on most of the switches in the door for a start, I was constantly fishing in the dark for the (unlit) buttons in the Qashqai but no such problem in the Ioniq :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Hope your enjoying as I am too changing from Qashqai.

I think the boot is about the same size in Ioniq if not slightly bigger.

Not sure how will cope moving from the higher drive position but SUVs don't tend to have best fuel economy because of their shape.
Yes I'm definitely enjoying, have just come back from a drive and am itching to get out in it again :)

The driving position is completely different to the Qashqai, it's comfortable enough just very much lower down. It's just a matter of getting used to it again. I'd agree the boot in the Ioniq seems about the same size - probably the same width, not as high (top to bottom) but deeper (front to back).

When do you get your Ioniq?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely. I fell lucky and only had to wait about 5 weeks for my car, but the closer I got to delivery date the worse it got. The worst bit is when you know it's arrived at the dealer's but they say you can't have it for another week, that's agony! I spent most of the time reading the online manuals front to back :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I only had to wait 4 days from agreeing the price to driving it off,

I got the full treatment car covered etc. as I was the first one handed over, then again I cheated by buying the demonstrator they only had 3 weeks,

it took that long to haggle the price to what I wanted :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
see attached photos, I will try and get some of the front seats tomorrow

the highlighted area in the rear seat photo is the battery cooling vent that needs to be kept clear of obstruction

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got the full treatment car covered etc. as I was the first one handed over, then again I cheated by buying the demonstrator they only had 3 weeks,
How much did you save by buying the demo? How many miles did it have on it? Was there anything noticeable (damage or what not) by folks messing in and around it, etc.?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
several thousand pounds overall, 932 miles and not a mark on the car, mainly used by the sales manager and not many demos as it arrived 27th October and I drove it out 19th November, but once deal was agreed on 14th no one else drove it

it was perfect, exact model, spec, colour I wanted

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
You seem to have the hybrid premium marina blue like I am getting.

What colour are your seats and interior ?

Hyundai website says black but all the cars I have seen are grey.

Do you have any internal pictures ?
I took these today when hovering the car out

I used one of the mats which are black to give you an idea of colour

also one showing the parking brake

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts