Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls,

I don't have an EV yet but will very soon be ordering the Ioniq EV within the next few months. Got an old Ford just about get 120miles on €15 worth of petrol the biggest POS on earth do not do a lot of traveling so the range on the Ioniq is spot on for me. If I was to do a long trip let’s say Galway to Dublin which would be 207km or 128 miles so charge twice with the rapid change have a pee and a coffee and back on the road again.

I think people are too hung up on the range of EV’s yes longer range would be nice but, EV’s are cheaper than Petrol or diesel to run, with me I would be saving about €10-€12 on petrol per week, €510 per year in road tax I pay €630 on my current car 1.6 petrol. To me range is not the factor. If I have to go longer journey all it takes is little planning to get their plus putting to fun back in driving.

Thanks
Jayferret

·
Registered
Ioniq EV SE 2017 (UK spec)
976 Posts
I am sure you have made the right choice. I too am waiting impatiently for my ex-demo BEV. From what I have read, with sensible driving and sticking to the speed limits, you should easily be able to do Galway to Dublin (207Km) in one hop with range to spare.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Hello and welcome! You may be our first Irish owner? Get yourself on the member map! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Welcome Jayferret!
Indeed, I think you can make this distance without charging when you do not drive more than 90 or 100 km/h.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts