Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Hyundai Ioniq Premium SE in December and will be picking it up on 1st March (17 plate) so only 6 weeks to go. My last two cars were Skoda Octavia diesels so this will be so different. Had test drives in a number of SUVs but after having a test drive in the Ioniq I decided that was the car I wanted. Picked the Hybrid Premium SE in Marina Blue. I have viewed lots of videos online of both the hybrid and EV but most have been left hand drive versions with extras such as sun roof which is not available on the UK models. Just found this forum so will be reading a lots of the discussions to see what owners think about their cars. Hope it's as good as it looks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Terrwi,

Welcome aboard! I'm also pretty new here but the folks on this forum are extremely helpful!

You've ordered exactly the same configurations that I did. I've only had my car since Saturday but loving every minute.

Every single person that has seen it and been a passenger have commented on how great the car looks (and enthused about the Marina Blue colour!) and how smooth the drive is.

Took my brother out last night and he said: "If I had the money in the bank, I'd be down to Hyundai tomorrow to order one!"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thanks for the reply. Sounds like I made the right choice then. Been looking for a replacement car for 12 months, looked at lots of SUVs such as Kadjar, Qashqai, Tucson, Tiguan etc. Waited til the Ateca came available but my wife found it a problem getting up on to the higher seats. I had an email form Hyundai with an invite to take a test drive which was only for about 10-15 mins around the town was mostly in electric mode and so quiet. I found a garage with a Marina Blue demonstrator which I persuaded my wife to get in and we took it out for 45 minutes. It seemed so smooth and easy to drive. Can't wait until I pick it up. I think it should have been on a boat unloading on the 11th January somewhere in the UK.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Hi and thanks for the reply. Sounds like I made the right choice then. Been looking for a replacement car for 12 months, looked at lots of SUVs such as Kadjar, Qashqai, Tucson, Tiguan etc. Waited til the Ateca came available but my wife found it a problem getting up on to the higher seats. I had an email form Hyundai with an invite to take a test drive which was only for about 10-15 mins around the town was mostly in electric mode and so quiet. I found a garage with a Marina Blue demonstrator which I persuaded my wife to get in and we took it out for 45 minutes. It seemed so smooth and easy to drive. Can't wait until I pick it up. I think it should have been on a boat unloading on the 11th January somewhere in the UK.
If it's any help , I moved from the Kadjar to the Ioniq and not regretting it at all :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was in the same boat. Previously had a Hyundai i30 CRDi (and two previous Hyundai Coupes) but did start looking at others.

I actually took a test drive in the Toyota C-HR which was ok (if somewhat claustrophobic). I then took the Ioniq out for a spin at a local dealer, I pretty much fell in love with it at first sight!

I think Hyundai have essentially created a car that although has its green credentials, looks and drives like a normal car.

Especially good if you're familiar with the control layout in Hyundai's too, as you pretty much know where everything is.

I've only ever driven automatic cars when on holiday in the US (also Hyundai's funny enough!), but I don't think I've ever driven something that feels so comfortable to drive. That DCT gearbox is totally amazing.

I am totally smitten by the Ioniq Premium SE Hybrid. 5 days in, and I can confirm it's the best car I've owned.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome to the group.

Sounds like a car for stock coming through as I ordered a Prem SE in iron grey at the start of the year and it's due to be with me in April. Can't wait to get mine.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome Terrywi

marina blue is a popular colour, premium and premium SE seem to be the popular models at the moment, not aware of any base SE's out there at the moment in the UK

passed 7000 miles on my marina blue Premium hybrid today (only had it since mid November :-O )

I had a fabia greenline 2 estate but didn't like the new fabia so after 15 years of being loyal to skoda i got an i20, then the Ioniq, I found skoda was no longer the value for money it used to be and becoming a clone box rather than something with a bit of character

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the group.

Sounds like a car for stock coming through as I ordered a Prem SE in iron grey at the start of the year and it's due to be with me in April. Can't wait to get mine.
Try to get before 1April as road tax for hybrid Will be £140 a year

·
Registered
260 Posts
Try to get before 1April as road tax for hybrid Will be £140 a year
Totally out of my hands as car is a leased car. Given the company I am using cocked up the order for 3 weeks I will use that if they try to pass it on. It's delivery to me early April so it's possible the car will be registered etc before hand.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just wanted to say how great that there is so much activity in these forums, now that we have some many more people interested in the Ioniq or who own one!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just contacted my dealer and my car which was due to be on the boat that landed on the 11th has now been delivered. Waiting for it to be prepared but not collecting until 1st March so it will be a 17 plate registration. The dealer said that anyone wanting a blue Ioniq now will have to wait until deliveries in July.

·
Registered
260 Posts
July?? Wow, to be fair though they probably need to order another vat load of blue paint! :)

I would want it now, rather than waiting 5-6 weeks, you must be a very patient person!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I am. I would rather wait a few extra days and have a new 17 plate than a 66 one. Last brand new car I had was a 1973 2.0L Ford Cortina GXL . It cost £1,608 on the road!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts