Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone!

New member from the UK here. Will be collecting my Hyundai Ioniq Premium SE Hybrid on Saturday this week.

I have been a loyal Hyundai owner for years and this will be my 4th Hyundai vehicle, after having 2 x Coupes and the i30 CRDi.

I have wanted a Hybrid for a while now and although I did look at Toyotas range, including the C-HR (which was too claustrophobic for me due to the small, dark windows), when I took a Ioniq out for a test drive, I knew it was the car for me.

Glad to be a member of the forums!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Hi FreakyBeanz,

they call me evil when I remind them I got mine in November and enjoying it :)

I must admit once you see the Ioniq and test drive it there is not many choices other than to buy one

when you walk up to it and it senses the key and folds its mirrors out it reminds me o an excited puppy pricking its ears up wanting t be taken out to play :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome freakybeanz!

As seen on another thread, I'm hoping to pick up my Ioniq Premium on Saturday.
There weren't too many choices for me when it came round to replacing my Gen2 Prius.

The Gen4 just doesn't do it for me in regards to interior and exterior looks, even though it performs very well.
And it's expensive, relatively. Even the Auris Hybrid is expensive compared to the Ioniq.
In the test drive, I was very happy with the way the Ioniq handled itself and performed. It sold itself very easily!

My only other thought was Hyundai reliability, but we shall have to wait and see. Toyota's reliability, and in particular, the Prius, is second to none.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Kia and Hyundai have made a lot of progress in quality; for example, see here, here and here.

Reactions: freakybeanz

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My only other thought was Hyundai reliability, but we shall have to wait and see. Toyota's reliability, and in particular, the Prius, is second to none.
I can't say that that has ever been an issue in the Hyundai cars I have owned.

I've had a couple of little issues with my i30 CRDi but they were dealt with in the warranty period, and therefore didn't cost me a bean.

In my experience with three different Service Centres over the years, they have all been brilliant.

I currently use Bushey Heath for servicing (they are no longer a Sales Centre - service only) and if they spot something they'll let you know. I had a leaking suspension strut that they found during the MOT and they replaced that under warranty straight away.

·
Registered
359 Posts
At least with the rise of platforms to review business it gives us something to refer back to, and on that note we should be reviewing dealerships, all it will do is benefit OUR overall experience. That experience will matter a lot come time to resolve issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts