Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tomorrow I either buy an Ioniq Hybrid or walk out of the dealers empty handed. It's going to depend on the deal (my negotiating back up plan is threaten them that I'll buy a second hand BMW and wait for the PHEV to bed in before making a decision).

I think I really want an Ioniq. I know the dealer really wants to sell me one. Let's see who has the stronger nerve.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Don't crack under pressure!

You got this budd! Be sure to keep us updated :) You could also get prices from other dealers and do some back and forth?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Lol I only discovered that while driving down a road late one night an my bf told me to pull over in closest lay by and i obviously did it quite quickly and was surprised to see them come on. Like it though. Hilarious that u did all this on a test drive.. I was quite sensible on my test drive...

Yes believe it!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Lol I only discovered that while driving down a road late one night an my bf told me to pull over in closest lay by and i obviously did it quite quickly and was surprised to see them come on. Like it though. Hilarious that u did all this on a test drive.. I was quite sensible on my test drive...

Yes believe it!
Ahem! In your new car?????? >:)

Also i believe at least here in the UK/Europe?) that the brakes lights will flash rapidly signifying an emergency stop? Not something I knew about until reading up on what advertised features did in new cars but useful to know if you see it happening in front of you!!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
So it should! People should get out of my way more often. In fact. People should just stay off the roads all together. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Amazing you managed to active the emergency hazards during your test drive! That's the true meaning of a 'test drive'.
Unfortunately the roads were very dry so I have no idea how good the traction control is ;) But I can confirm it will make it round a dual carriageway roundabout in sport mode with your foot flat on the floor.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Unfortunately the roads were very dry so I have no idea how good the traction control is ;) But I can confirm it will make it round a dual carriageway roundabout in sport mode with your foot flat on the floor.
traction control is pretty good in the snow :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
On my test drive I learned that the car is extremely responsive and stable when it comes to emergency swerves onto the shoulder at 65 mph. And that my (rather young) salesman has a very high-pitched yelp.

No, I didn't do it for the fun of it...but that was when the car sold itself to me.

Reactions: TKGDee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, that was fun while lasted.

A couple of personal reasons, a mighty strange attitude from the dealer (honestly I don't think he wants me to buy a car) and some deep thoughts about the hybrid industry in general (short version: I think it's going to change a LOT in the next couple of years which could be very bad for early adopters) means I won't be joining the hybrid revolution for a bit.

Just bought a low mileage Civic. Doesn't have nearly as many toys or anything like the MPG but it's done its depreciating. I'll wait 18 months - 2 years and then see how the PHEV is working out.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I consider PHEV cars having no chance gaining market share in Holland. This is due to subjective tax regulation. See my earlier post. EV cars like the Ioniq is another story. Much depends on the swift development in accumulator tech towards higher capacities and faster load cycles using solar energy.
Right now the Ioniq EV is revolutionary but not yet enough for me to switch. I prefer the hybrid because of its high PP ratio, fuel economy , safety and comfort. Waiting for something better to come is budget-wise understandable but there always will become a better option after you have decided.When everybody thinks that way development comes to a stop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts