Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

My car won't start, the driver door warning open light is permanently on.

Any ideas?! I could do without the drama with what's going on at the moment - the good lady is pregnant & also have a baby!

Can't get to supplies currently

Anyone?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,070 Posts
If yours has the integrated 12v battery, you'll have a 12v reset button by your knee. Try that first. I'm not sure what the driver door warning is about but cars will do weird things if the battery is low. Fortunately, the car will start with the door open.
Congratulations on the baby!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Won't start is a big area. Does the start button do anything? Did you have your keyfob in the car? Can you lock, unlock doors? Do interior lights work?

·
Registered
Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid Premium SE Polar White purchased new March 2018
15 Posts
If 12v battery is in the boot, you will need to use a jump starter to get it going. Has happened to me twice - dealer check postponed due to Coronavirus... call out Hyundai assistance (AA) in the uk if you don’t have a portable jump start pack.

·
Registered
2019 IONIQ HEV Blue Trim | Ceramic White/Charcoal
119 Posts
If 12v battery is in the boot, you will need to use a jump starter to get it going. Has happened to me twice - dealer check postponed due to Coronavirus... call out Hyundai assistance (AA) in the uk if you don’t have a portable jump start pack.
Just to clarify, are you saying that using the battery reset feature that @IsntItIoniq describes has not worked for you?

·
Registered
Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid Premium SE Polar White purchased new March 2018
15 Posts
Just to clarify, are you saying that using the battery reset feature that @IsntItIoniq describes has not worked for you?
My Ioniq does not have a battery reset button, it has the 12v battery in the boot. The only way to start it with a dead 12v battery is to use a jump start pack. Uk phev jan 2018.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm sorry, but this thread points out to me the importance of having the model specific Ioniq in our Signature folks, to better receive the correct answer without additional misdirection and in the most timely manner possible. It only takes a few minutes to add a proper Signature, just do it and be done.
Good luck to you and yours @Surrey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts