Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Help I’ve been hit

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Cabbyman 
#1 ·
Hello, I hope someone can help! My 2018 ioniq has been hit in the rear. There appears to be no damage other that the number plate popping off. It was on a roundabout so they must have been going 10-15mph. But worst case I’m imagining it was 20-30mph. They hit whilst braking so wasnt a full on smash. I was wondering of anyone had anything similar and knew what underlying damage there could be and the cost? In the uk, I know parts are expensive but don’t know what could have been damaged to have a cost in my head, any help would be great

thanks all

#2 ·
If somebody ran into the back of you it is their fault, no argument, and therefore they or their Insurance Company have to pay for the damage to your car irrespective of the cost. I trust you got the name and registration number, at the very least, of the driver that rear ended you ?

#3 ·
Earlier this year before the Pandemic, I was hit in the rear by an old lady. I was sitting at the traffic light waiting for it to turn green. All of a sudden and out of nowhere, I got hit but with quite an impact. For a few second I didn't even know what had happened. Then I realized someone hit me from behind.

The old lady in her 80's said her foot slipped, she meant to hit the brake but instead she his the gas paddle. My rear bumper was badly damaged, there was a huge crack and some pieces fell off.

I am in Toronto Canada, the total cost to replaced the bumper and there were some other stuff according to the auto body shop that they had replaced cost over $2500.

For you, it seems the impact is minimum, if I was you, I would take it to the auto body shop to get it check. Even though the there isn't much damage just looking at it but just have them take a look if there is anything inside or underneath that got damaged.

#6 ·
I had a similar rear end impact lately, probably less than 10 mph - I was almost completely stopped and we were both braking briskly due to hidden stopped traffic. Super minimal apparent damage, but total cost to replace and paint bits was on the order of $1,500 US. The consumable impact absorber did not need replacement.

#12 ·
If you intend to make a claim on insurance probably best to ring Hyundai First to ensure the assessment and repair is done to Hyundai standards . Last time I was rear ended it was listed as a non fault claim , so it didn't affect my insurance at all . You'd have to check if your insurance company has the same policy .

#15 ·
did you get any photos?, particularly with the driver in (helps to prove who the driver was)

also helps prove the positions of vehicles and levels of damage if anything is disputed or claims for more damage than was caused (cash for crash scams)

#17 ·
Definitely throw it at your own insurers and the police. If you try to handle it or get involved yourself, it could give them an excuse to avoid liability because you have done something wrong. Just advise the insurers, in writing, that it is still under warranty and you want work to be supervised by Hyundai.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.