Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq premium first edition 2020
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a Ioniq in okt 2016. I really like the car en it rides well. I like the comfort en smooth ride and all the toys including the good sound system.
My car is a IONIQ first edition, color white.
I suffer from a lot of condensation on the rear window. Does anyone have the same problem in very cold weather.

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
Hi, I had some condensation on the side windows and back too on my first ride but havent seen any since (in one week).

I suspect now that mine was due to everything being brand new and "unused".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suffer a from a lot. The rear window really is frozen in the morning on the inside. Also have drops water in the boot. Monday the car I bring the car to the garage for a check on this problem.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
so you have had the car 3 months and still suffering condensation?

my initial thought was the dealer has wet vac'ed the car as part of a valet, but that should have cleared by now

do you use the recirculation of the heating a lot?

is the boot full? as many cars have vents in the boot and if you block these it can lead to poor ventilation and condensation

do you have the ventilation / fan on a very low setting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, No I never use the recirculation of the temperature control with this weather, and the boot is empty so I think i don't block any ventilation holes.
Always use the ventilation on setting 3. I think its a leak of the rear light units or the glass window in the back.
Today the back window insight was really frozen with ice. Not normal. Monday the car go under the shower at the garage and they search for a leak.
5 years warranty :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts