Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I purchased a black hybrid which i swapped for my Toyota fielder (this is my first hybrid, so im a little skeptical). Mainly got this for the fuel savings and hope it is after all the research I have done, been lurking around the forum soaking as much info as I can seeing as I am getting mine in 2 weeks. I'm From Trinidad and Tobago which is in the Caribbean for those that dont know, hope you guys can help a nooby like me :)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Welcome deathfreeze14 I'm sure everybody here will help as much as we can . Not know where Trinidad and Tobago is ? Brian Charles Lara sorted that out , amongst others ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome deathfreeze14

I assume Trinidad and Tabago being islands are mainly low speed roads, these should suit the hybrid nicely as best mpg is low speed / stop start traffic, they would also suit the EV lovely as well, but I suspect there is not much of a charging infrastructure on the islands :)

as ever, any questions just ask

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome deathfreeze14

I assume Trinidad and Tabago being islands are mainly low speed roads, these should suit the hybrid nicely as best mpg is low speed / stop start traffic, they would also suit the EV lovely as well, but I suspect there is not much of a charging infrastructure on the islands :)

as ever, any questions just ask
Well you are correct, its mainly low speed but we do have highways, but my commute to and after work involves heavy traffic so I'm thinking i made a great choice with the hybrid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Island is next to Venezuela and we have a few highways, they aren't those mega 4-8 lane high ways, but we have a few. I was reviewing your last fuelly log and it showed about 563 miles covered. I just checked on google maps which shows my commute to work and back is roughly 40 miles. If I can achieve anything close to that it would be awesome since it would afford me 13-14 trips to work and back. please let me know

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
I see it on the map. Are this island and your daily commute not a perfect fit for the Ioniq EV? Or do you have to drive overseas too?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Trinidad is about 80km x 59 km, that's a lot bigger than I thought, Tabago seems to be about 10 miles x 25 miles

20 miles each way should give you 60mpg easy depending on fuel quality, I assume weather is quite warm so no issue with cold affecting mpg, just looked (hurricane season july - November :( )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we only have two seasons so its always warm most of the time, that hurricane season is what we call rainy season but still nothing to fuss over. @ Jan Treur the EV version is not available in my country for the same reason bluecar1 mentioned, no charging stations and I honestly dont think they will be coming anytime soon, but im fine with the hybrid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trinidad

we only have two seasons so its always warm most of the time, that hurricane season is what we call rainy season but still nothing to fuss over. @ Jan Treur the EV version is not available in my country for the same reason bluecar1 mentioned, no charging stations and I honestly dont think they will be coming anytime soon, but im fine with the hybrid.

@deathfreeze14 hello Trini, my wife is from Port of Spain. Been to your country a few times. My wife is also looking at the Ioniq.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts