Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hybrid Premium in Silver was collected today just over a week since being ordered. I think the fact that it was a lease as opposed to a purchase may have accounted for the speedy supply. I was offered a choice of silver or white. So far I've not paid the leasing company a penny of the rather unusual 1 + 1 + 22 month payment deal which seems odd!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome @JohnFleet. Wow! Only a 1 week wait? That's awesome. Congrats on your hybrid. I'm considering a lease depending on what they offer here in the US once the Ioniq rolls out. Especially since I predict the value of the EV which I'm considering, will tank very quickly in a short amount of time. Not that we necessarily buy our toys because they hold value. :p

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal were you able to get?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome @JohnFleet. Wow! Only a 1 week wait? That's awesome. Congrats on your hybrid. I'm considering a lease depending on what they offer here in the US once the Ioniq rolls out. Especially since I predict the value of the EV which I'm considering, will tank very quickly in a short amount of time. Not that we necessarily buy our toys because they hold value. :p

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal were you able to get?
my deal is one month at £229 then a further 23 months also at £229. For me it means that the car is costing me no more than the deprecation on my previous nearly new Kia Ceed. And I gain the advantage that I have the cash from the sale of the Ceed to invest and earn 12 per cent on which will pay 50 per cent of the monthly lease cost so for me it's a bit of a no-brainer...

It won't be relevant to you in the US but I've dealt with Evans Halshaw her in the UK. I think that my timing was good in that I approached them towards the end of the month which is always a good time to buy a car. Plus it's the month before registrations change her in the UK which again depressed demand in the UK. The leasing company with whom I've dealt is itself owned by Hyundai which probably helped sweeten the deal...

·
Registered
31 Posts
12% ? I want some of that! What mileage can you do, that's pretty key to how good the offer is. Some leases are for 5000 miles pa. Mine is 3+35 at 250 per month ... for 15,000 miles pa.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, should have said - 8K but the excess for the first 10K after that is only 5. something pence per mile so no issue for me given that my current annual mileage is about 7.5K....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow, here I am struggling with my Corolla lease which only allows me 12K miles per year before overage charges. After 2 years I'm just below 24K. And I barely drive it! Our Prius c got 55K miles in the same time frame but thankfully that one is not leased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts