Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I joined a few months ago shortly after ordered a Hyundai Electric. I'm changing my car from an '06 Jaguar S-Type (V6 Diesel) because I also changed my job. So instead of driving about 10 miles a day, I'm now driving 80, and costing me around £60 a week. I've worked with Hydrogen Fuel cells so I do know a little bit about EVs. I saw that the Ioniq was coming out - and thought that should do the daily commute, and probably save me around £50 a week, plus no road tax.

Still awaiting delivery (end of April last I heard) - but I do have my Pod Point.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Welcome to the waitfest ;)

Your BEV will likely be on the same boat as mine, see the ‘Late arrivals on a slow boat…’ thread for more details.

My current plug-in has saved me a fortune in fuel costs, and my incoming Ioniq Electric will save me even more :)

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Welcome here, @Dilbert1969!
You can also add your info on the map in the thread about that.
If there are any questions, just ask them!

Can you charge both at home and at work? Then you have the perfect distances.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums :)

End of April will be here sooner than you think, but the anticipation might kill you before that haha

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
OK, such a round trip distance of 80 miles will work well on one charge, in all seasons.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Ha getting close to my turf lol I've just driven past Loughborough on way to melton Mowbray actually .. although was in bfs focus ST... polar bear killing machine, especially since he doesn't seem to like to drive it under 90mph.. hate that car >.< might have seen me around in my Ioniq earlier this year when mates still lived there but they live in Notts now.. completely pointless bit of info.. thanks for reading.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts