Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Hello from SoCal

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  amigajoe 
#1 ·
Hi all

I'm looking to get an Ioniq 5 SEL in Lucid Blue from a dealer that doesn't have a MSRP markup here in SoCal.

I'm also looking to win the lottery and have carnal relations with every Penthouse centrefold over the last ten years.

I think each one of these is equally likely to happen.

I'm going from a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited. I'm also looking at the VW ID4 and Ford Mach-E and while I have actually found an ID4 at MSRP with no dealer addons, the janky UI puts me off somewhat, although the car drove very nicely.

I came here via the dealer markup tracker that someone kindly linked on reddit.

#6 ·
It's been 2 months since OP started this thread. Any luck?
In last two months I started looking for "available" BEVs that fulfill my desires (Ford MME on order but not due for months). Checked inventory at Ford, Hyundai, Kia dealers in central Orange County. 2 of 3 Ford dealers said no ADM on MME, but none came available. KIA EV6 dealer boasted about $10K markup and had none available. Two Hyundai dealers had "coming soon" inventory, one with markup, one without markup. The first offer came for Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd AWD teal/green pearl with $3K markup. They had "waived" $1K of usual markup and said they'd honor my Carmax trade-in valuation sight unseen. I'm happy I accepted their offer. I'm very happy with the I5 Ltd teal AWD and 2 yr free fast charging. (I think my trade-in markup offset the dealer markup.) At the Electrify America charging stations, I have seen there, many more VW ID4 than anything else. The multitudinous Teslas go to other charging stations, I guess.
Cloud Sky Plant Car Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.