Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am proud new owner of the 2017 Ioniq Hybrid Limited (Summit Gray on Black) in San Jose.

I used to drive a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid.

I think I am the first owner of the Ioniq in the Bay Area.

So far I love the car. The handling and acceleration is great for a Hybrid. The sound system is great for not getting the Infinity upgrade.

The gas mileage is above 50 Mpg. On average for my 40 mile commute int he morning I get 55 MPG driving at 75 and then being in traffic on 87.

·
Registered
176 Posts
55mpg at 75mph? That's fantastic!
Boy I'd say ... one a new engine and system. Plus, it takes a while to learn how to best utilize a new cars features. I'm guessing that the little details of the best efficiency are slightly different from other hybrids.

BTW ..... your report is encouraging. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome, Ronin! Bah all these folks in the US starting to get their Ioniqs and I'm jealous! I just gotta keep reminding myself I'm waiting for the EV.

I felt the basic speaker system sounded surprisingly good as well. I didn't even get to tweak it to my liking in the short time I got to play with it. My only criticism on that with Hyundai is that I don't believe there is an option at any level for a subwoofer which I'm seeing a lot of on premium trims of new vehicles lately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please visit my YouTube Video on the car. I admit I wish I could do it again as I know so much more about the car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. That's a pretty cool video too :) Any comfort issues with it? Did you look at the Niro at all?

·
Registered
359 Posts
You can always do more videos as a series since that's actually what matters more to buyers, they (we) want follow up and perspective which can only be done beyond a 1 time experience.

We welcome continuous coverage :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. That's a pretty cool video too :) Any comfort issues with it? Did you look at the Niro at all?
I think it is very comfortable, even for an XL man like me. I did not look at the Niro, I do not like the look of it myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts