Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 2017 Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I now drive a 2017 Ioniq EV, Premium.
I bought the car in March 2020, as my first EV, after a long wait.
I am not disappointed. The car is beautiful to drive and I love all the gadgets.
And, I will most certainly never go back to an ICE having made the switch!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, fellow Portsmouth resident. I too am looking at the Ioniq but in hybrid form. It does look like very good value for money for 3-4 year old models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Rolando1 I have no experience of the hybrid, but if it's of similar quality and drive to the electric, then yes, it will be very good value for money. Nothing beats an electric, but they do cost quite a bit more, of course. Hope you find what you're looking for!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Electric would be nice but not able to charge at home. I don't think it's really viable to have an electric car with only public charge points

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use an Ubitricity charge point that the council put in outside my house, so managing without off-road parking is therefore easy! I asked the council at just the right time a few years ago, when they were putting in their first request for government funding for on-street charge points. If you're interested in going EV in the future, then it's worth putting in a request to them, as they expand and install new points every few years at the minute :)

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
960 Posts
I use an Ubitricity charge point that the council put in outside my house, so managing without off-road parking is therefore easy! I asked the council at just the right time a few years ago, when they were putting in their first request for government funding for on-street charge points.
That is awesome! Is it free through the council then or is there an app/RFID/open-payment system for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is awesome! Is it free through the council then or is there an app/RFID/open-payment system for it?
I believe it's free as far as the council installs the charge point but you have to pay for however much electricity you use via scanning a QR code nearby charge point and linking to an online account with ubricity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, as @Rolando1 says, the charge point is intalled for free (it's OLEV funded), but you pay for the electricity you use. You can either do PAYG using the QR code on the post, or you can buy a special Ubitricity cable which includes an electricity meter and mobile comms, so does all the billing with Ubitricity automatically. I went for the special cable, which is very expensive, but will eventually work out cheaper overall. With the cable I pay 15p/kWh, which is pretty good for public charging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts