1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

signed up a few weeks ago.

Which Ioniq you are interested in or have purchased
Ioniq EV - Aurora Silver (Premium Edition)

What you will be / have swapped for the new Ioniq
Hyundai i30

What country / area you are from, this helps support you due to the different variants / specs in different countries
The Netherlands

What caused you to be interested in the Ioniq

I actually walked into the Hyundai Dealership looking for the new Tuscon. Tuscon seemed a nice car and looked great, but I also saw the Hyundai Ioniq in the showroom. I became interested in the Ioniq as well and I did the math. I drive a (company paid) lease car. The Dutch IRS counts a company paid lease car as income. A certain percentage of the fiscal value of the car gets added as income to your yearly income.

But the percentages they use are different for full EVs and other cars (based on the CO2 emissions - Zero emissions is 4% of the fiscal value - more than zero is 22%). So I went calculating. The Tuscon would cost me 330 euro's a month (22% of €40k) and the Ioniq (also costing less than my lease budget permits) would set me back 28 euro's (4% over €36k - half of the rest amount of my leasebudget after taxation) a month. That had me interested, because for 3600 euro's a year I can easily do the rides for which I would need a petrol/diesel car.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Welkom hier!

As you may have noticed you already can find much information. But if you have questions, feel free to ask them!

Shall I add you to the map? There is still some free space between Arnhem and Venlo.

In the meantime I did that.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome aerevan

even in the UK the tax makes the EV very attractive for company car drivers

interesting you went to look at the tuscon, what caused you to look at the Ioniq, was it something the saleman said or was it like some of us the you just saw it and thought "hmm that looks better than the rest in the showroom"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it was next to the Tuscon. I had some friendly banter with the salesperson about how the Ioniq looked (something like: "That looks like a prius killer to me" - I really dislike the looks of the new Prius).

I liked the looks of the Ioniq, so I became interested. Saw a video review of Fully Charged and got over my initial doubts about the range (I travel around 200km's a day, but most offices do have charging pods). Et voila, I went for the Ioniq (and I'm really happy with my choice).

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know what you mean about the looks. I got enticed by the looks of the Ioniq hybrid that stood in our dealer's showroom all over again, after we just ordered our EV. Welcome here, from "almost neighbouring" Venlo ;-) (private perspective owner, no tax advantages here, apart from no road tax of course).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts