Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Mississauga (a Toronto suburb) located in Ontario, Canada.

My wife drives a top-end 2013 Hyundai Accent hatchback with sunroof, heated seats, and a satellite radio. It's been a very quiet, comfortable, and reliable car, but the hatch area is a bit small so we are thinking of either trading it or perhaps trading my Prius (read below) for something a bit larger. The Accent seats are certainly a lot more comfortable than the Prius seats (definitely not a strong point for the Prius), and my wife loves the heated seats and the satellite radio.

I currently drive a 2010 Toyota Prius (purchased new in 2009) that I've used mostly as a commuter car (about 33 miles in each direction).
My commute was ideal for the Prius - much of it stop-and-go with plenty of time for the engine to warm up and give me great gas mileage. The best mileage I ever got on a full tank was about 3.7 litres/100k (64 MPG US or 77 MPG UK). But I would typically get just under 1000 km per tank (about 600 miles) in the summer time and around 900 km (about 550 miles) per tank during the winter. The tank held 45 litres, so when I filled up I would typically put in about 40 litres (roughly 10.5 US gallons or about 8.8 UK gallons). The Prius fuel estimate was always about 10% higher than it really was - the previous numbers were computed based on the fuel actually added during a fill-up. I retired last year (I was a computer programmer), so my mileage has dropped off significantly.

The Prius has been the most reliable and certainly the most interesting car that I've ever owned, and I was quite surprised when I finally saw what seems to be a viable competitor for it.

So I thought I'd drop in here for a bit more information about the Ioniq.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome spartane

any questions just ask,

we at starting to build a picture of mpg which seems to be very temperature dependant on the HEV, the EV seems a little less temperature dependant if you preheat as you charge

any questions about the tech should be easily answered by people using the tech everyday, not a salesman trying to feed you BS to get a sale

once you have a better idea about the tech and how to use it go and have another test drive possibly at another dealer

as to the bar, and rear window, most on here don't actually have an issue with it or the slope of the rear window, I think as a generalisation taller people have less of a problem with it as it is lower in there field of vision in the rear view mirror, shorter people it seems to be more of an issue as it appears to be higher in theirs, but it also depends on how you have the seat height set as well

I find the bar sits so it don't block vision but it does block headlights of someone who is close behind, plenty of rain here in UK and the slope works fine with a bit of rainx water streams off the window at speed above 30-40mph

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums

This is definitely the place to be if you're looking for Ioniq info and I'm sure we'll find a way to sway you into getting one, don't worry about it ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to the forums

This is definitely the place to be if you're looking for Ioniq info and I'm sure we'll find a way to sway you into getting one, don't worry about it ;)
Yeah, the Bjorn Nyland video review is what sold me on it. Of course, I won't have one for a while, since I have to pay off a kitchen renovation first. Unless my XTrail somehow breaks down first.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, the Bjorn Nyland video review is what sold me on it. Of course, I won't have one for a while, since I have to pay off a kitchen renovation first. Unless my XTrail somehow breaks down first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04kfyrZBrAU
Yes, that is one of the reviews I watched before finalizing my decision to buy this EV. I wish we had charging network like Norway has :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
I already know I'm an optimist.. I'm expecting a charging network as good as Norway by 2020 - a mix or public and commercial stations (although also suspect many rural areas will not be served).

·
Registered
328 Posts
By 2020 we probably can travel between Ontario and Quebec with no issue.. It took Norway over 10 years to reached the current coverage. Even with longer range vehicle and higher adoption rate I don't think we can get there by 2020 especially Central Canada have not shown any interest in EV. Hopefully in the near future we can travel cross-country with the Ioniq minus the trailer like this couple did with their Tesla model X.

https://teslaxcanada.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Spartane ,
I am from Mississauga also and have had a blue 2018 Ionic hybrid since new and absolutely love it
I've had 34,000 trouble free km in it and would never by another car if it wasn't a hybrid and this is my first one.

Cheers,
FLVRTWN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts