Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is David and I'm from Maryland, USA.

I'm interested in either the Ioniq Hybrid or the Plug-In Hybrid. I'll be coming from a 2005 Prius. My mother-in-law needs a new car (not desperately, yet) and offered to buy my Prius for what it is worth. I don't like the look of the new Prii and wouldn't mind something more engaging to drive. Who knows what 2–5 will bring, but for now, it looks like It's the Ioniq.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks.

No test drive yet—been busy the last few weeks. Looking to schedule one around the end of May, beginning on June.

My typical round trip commute is in the mid to upper 50s (we'll average it say 58 miles). Once a week I have an additional 40–50 miles on top of my usual drive.

The beltway around Baltimore is really congested during prime-time rush hour, so I usually take the back country roads. They're only slightly faster during the rush our times, but certainly more fun.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome David.

The backroads are definitely where the fun is at and I'll take it over rush hour any day haha. I would suggest doing the test drive first just to see how it makes you feel. Sometimes all it takes is getting in that drivers seat and exiting that dealership parking lot to really make you feel like "this is the one".

Other than the Ioniq, what else are you considering?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Alien,

Well, I like hatchbacks. They seem a bit more sportier than sedans and they certainly are more practical if you have stuff to haul. I use to contribute to a farmers market and I could fit so much stuff in my Prius. I’ve also been known to have myself, one other person, and two whitewater kayaks inside my Prius. I don’t really like or have the need for a SUV, so I’m fairly stuck on a hatchback. I also don’t feel that I’m ready for a full on EV. So my picks have been narrowed.

What’s left that have decent rankings and are under 40K are:

Toyota Prius
Ford C-Max
Cheverlet Volt

At the moment, the Cheverlet Volt is a contender. I like it’s profile and back. But I'm not a huge fan of the front—but it's not that bad either, I just like the Ioniq better. I really like the range, but I hear that the gas portion is not quite as efficient and it’s not as roomy (especially the back seats and trunk area). Plus it costs more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New EV ioniq owner British Columbia

Hello all I wanted to announce my delivery of a black limited EV ioniq on may 20. I was very lucky to buy the car right off the lot. I retired a 1998 Volvo s70 t5.

Off we go...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts