Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just placed an order for an Ioniq EV, after test driving one this past weekend. Looking forward to its arrival. This will be replacing my diesel VW. Dealer said, that I will have my VIN number in about two weeks, with a delivery expected in about six to eight weeks.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have just placed an order for an Ioniq EV, after test driving one this past weekend. Looking forward to its arrival. This will be replacing my diesel VW. Dealer said, that I will have my VIN number in about two weeks, with a delivery expected in about six to eight weeks.

Fingers crossed.
Congratulations - which trim level and colour did you get?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome CdnOntDriver

which colour and spec have you ordered?

have you got your charge point sorted?

it will be a somewhat quieter drive than the clatter of a Diesel :)

put you details on the Member Map thread
It is Limited trim level inPhantom Black colour.

I have created a ChargePoint account and awaiting for the cards to arrive. As for charging at home, I am in the process of researching it. I am leaning towards a 240V 32A system.

Yes, it will be a much quieter drive, compared to Diesel :laugh:

Already posted on maps thread.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Have you received your car yet? If so how long did you have to wait, after you placed the order? If not what is your wait time quoted by the dealer?
I'm not sure you will get a reply to this as you have asked yourself.

I'm located in Markham, Ontario and put down a deposit on the Black SE with CCP. Was told there is a 4 to 6 week wait. That was... 1 week ago, haven't sorted out a charge point yet as we are not 100% sure if we are getting it as we haven't done a test drive with the EV. The hybrid was very nice, so we are debating on driving down to Mississauga where my parents live and test driving the EV at the Automall location.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure you will get a reply to this as you have asked yourself.

I'm located in Markham, Ontario and put down a deposit on the Black SE with CCP. Was told there is a 4 to 6 week wait. That was... 1 week ago, haven't sorted out a charge point yet as we are not 100% sure if we are getting it as we haven't done a test drive with the EV. The hybrid was very nice, so we are debating on driving down to Mississauga where my parents live and test driving the EV at the Automall location.
They have a blue EV at that location in Mississauga. That is where I bought it from as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice - we went with Limited in Polar White
Have you received your car yet? If so how long did you have to wait, after you placed the order? If not what is your wait time quoted by the dealer?
I was speaking with the dealership since February when they had little information. Sat in the car at the auto show in March. In mid April there were rumours price announcement was imminent (this after months of soon, or missed deadlines) and the dealer took my deposit and got confirmation of the order - VIN supplied. We are still negotiating since only last week did leasing become known (and I'm still waiting for insurance quote). The car is expected next week - which is about 4 weeks from placing the order. There are other dealers in Ottawa who are claiming they have cars on the lot (they placed orders in mid April) - I've not verified their claims.

In speaking with general sales manager, he did not expect longer order delays for others - cars are arriving in Vancouver still not claimed by a dealership. What's normal? I suspect 6-8 weeks unless what is happening in Europe happens here - i understand some are reporting delays of months. It appears Hyundai wants to take advantage of government incentives for owners (in ON, BC and QC) and planned supply accordingly. Will see how many Canadian orders materialize and if demand exceeds supply...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was speaking with the dealership since February when they had little information. Sat in the car at the auto show in March. In mid April there were rumours price announcement was imminent (this after months of soon, or missed deadlines) and the dealer took my deposit and got confirmation of the order - VIN supplied. We are still negotiating since only last week did leasing become known (and I'm still waiting for insurance quote). The car is expected next week - which is about 4 weeks from placing the order. There are other dealers in Ottawa who are claiming they have cars on the lot (they placed orders in mid April) - I've not verified their claims.

In speaking with general sales manager, he did not expect longer order delays for others - cars are arriving in Vancouver still not claimed by a dealership. What's normal? I suspect 6-8 weeks unless what is happening in Europe happens here - i understand some are reporting delays of months. It appears Hyundai wants to take advantage of government incentives for owners (in ON, BC and QC) and planned supply accordingly. Will see how many Canadian orders materialize and if demand exceeds supply...
Thanks. My salesperson told me that blue EV's can be delivered in three to four weeks since that is the only colour being shipped now. He is forecasting six to eight weeks for black colour.

From what I understand, the VIN number gets assigned when a car is allocated to start production. Once VIN is assigned, it takes four weeks to get on the ship. Then one week to get to BC, and one more week to be trucked to Ontario.

I can see Hyundai trying to optimize their deliveries on ON, BC and QC. Personally, it will be tough to justify the EV premium without the 14K incentive in Ontario.

·
Registered
328 Posts
so we are debating on driving down to Mississauga where my parents live and test driving the EV at the Automall location.
If you are to do a test drive, can you check the charger cable that come with the vehicle what is rating? If it accept 240V and can output 12A or more then a Lev 2 charger maybe is not needed for folks that don't drain the battery on their daily commute. When charging at 240V 12A, the charge time is reduced to 12 hours instead of 24 hour from empty.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have created a ChargePoint account and awaiting for the cards to arrive. As for charging at home, I am in the process of researching it. I am leaning towards a 240V 32A system.
One day we will be carrying as many charging station keyfob or apps like credit cards. It will be nice if one key will work with any charging station.

When you look at charging station, you might want to spend a little bit more and get a charging station with wifi/apps support. The vehicle don't have "blue link" so you cannot change the charging schedule unless you are in the vehicle.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks. My salesperson told me that blue EV's can be delivered in three to four weeks since that is the only colour being shipped now. He is forecasting six to eight weeks for black colour.
No wonder on my purchase agreement say "August", over 12 weeks. I am not in a hurry so did not press for an earlier day. They have another 90 days leeway if there are any logistic issue as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you are to do a test drive, can you check the charger cable that come with the vehicle what is rating? If it accept 240V and can output 12A or more then a Lev 2 charger maybe is not needed for folks that don't drain the battery on their daily commute. When charging at 240V 12A, the charge time is reduced to 12 hours instead of 24 hour from empty.
My typical pattern is 200 Kms every 5 days - wondering if even at 120V will be acceptable... a little each night.

The circuit in my garage is 120V / 20A dedicated... No idea if what is supplied in Canada can use that circuit effectively. When I get the car next week guess I'll find out

BTW ... I'm also considering a level 2 charger on those days/weeks when it is not my typical pattern. There are public charging around but no idea yet if free or expensive or convenient...
P

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When you look at charging station, you might want to spend a little bit more and get a charging station with wifi/apps support. The vehicle don't have "blue link" so you cannot change the charging schedule unless you are in the vehicle.
That is what I am leaning towards. I am also considering a plug-in model, which I can take it to another house if I move. That cost an extra $100.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just noticed the answer was provided in another forum post.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My typical pattern is 200 Kms every 5 days - wondering if even at 120V will be acceptable... a little each night.

The circuit in my garage is 120V / 20A dedicated... No idea if what is supplied in Canada can use that circuit effectively. When I get the car next week guess I'll find out

BTW ... I'm also considering a level 2 charger on those days/weeks when it is not my typical pattern. There are public charging around but no idea yet if free or expensive or convenient...
P
You replenish around 8KM per hour with the L1 charger. It is going to take around 5 hours to replenish 40KM range with the L1 charger so it is doable. With a L2 charger the replenish rate is around 44KM per hour. According to PlugShare there are lots of free L2 charger within GTA. Unless the L1 charger have some switch or setting, you will probably not going to get any benefit out the 20A circuit.

I am in similar situation like you. I am going to try the L1 charger first but I definitely going to get a L2 charger in the future. In the winter I am going to set the charge start time maybe 6-7 hours before the departure time and preheat the cabin half an hour before departure time. Based on Jan calculation preheat is taking close to 1.2Kwh at -20. As long as the meager L1 is not charging and preheat in simultaneously it should be fine.

http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/234...393-heating-ac-what-power-used.html#post78785

·
Registered
328 Posts
That is what I am leaning towards. I am also considering a plug-in model, which I can take it to another house if I move. That cost an extra $100.
My research lead me to this Juicebox PRO 40 which can output up to 40A 10 kW, kind of future proof. It is selling around $950 in Canada.

https://emotorwerks.com/store/residential/juicebox-pro-40-smart-40-amp-evse-with-24-foot-cable

What draw my attention to this particular model is if you have two EV, they can share the same 240V feed. When there is one vehicle being charge it can draw the full 40A. When a second vehicle start the charge both vehicle will share the capacity and dropped to 20A per vehicle. Don't need to run another separated feed from the panel.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts