Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to introduce myself...

We have been lurking on the forum avidly reading everyones posts ever since we placed our order for a Polar White Premium SE Electric Ioniq on 27th of January.

Original estimates were for a last week in March delivery but alas like many others we have recently been advised by the dealer that this has been pushed back to a vague June delivery date. Needless to say this delay will cause us some logistics problems as we had hoped to change cars before our next service was due and had also hoped to take advantage of the Scottish Government's interest free loan that is available for the purchase of electric cars. Unfortunately the interest free loan may not be available after March 2017 - no one seems to know the funding for next year yet.

We are coming from a diesel Subaru Forester, a car we really like, to an electric Ioniq, our first electric car, something we consider to be a major change and in some ways this thrills us more than the thought of getting a new car does!

We started off actually looking at hybrids and PHEV's but the more we looked into things and considered our usage the more we decided a full on electric was for us... A big shout out to Robert Llewellyn's "fullycharged" youtube channel and to Bjorn Nyland's Winter Test of Hyundai Ioniq that gave us the courage to make the leap to electric.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Welcome, OneDay

We started off actually looking at hybrids and PHEV's but the more we looked into things and considered our usage the more we decided a full on electric was for us... A big shout out to Robert Llewellyn's "fullycharged" youtube channel and to Bjorn Nyland's Winter Test of Hyundai Ioniq that gave us the courage to make the leap to electric.
I could have written that paragraph myself! :)

The batch I ordered my electric from was due to arrive end of Feb, but currently cited as being April. I hope it's not June, as I am already having to look at extending my current lease.

I too, am relishing the idea of going full electric, after managing to commute both ways on electric power alone in my current plug-in Outlander.

Here's a blog you might not yet have seen (make sure to click the links to the 'next part' on each page!)
An Introduction to the Hyundai Ioniq Electric | Fuel Included

·
Registered
189 Posts
I could have written that paragraph myself! :)
OneDay said:
our first electric car, something we consider to be a major change and in some ways this thrills us more than the thought of getting a new car does!
Ditto! I was doubting myself thinking I shouldn't buy the EV due to the additional cost and potential issues with range, maybe not at the moment, but you never know. Patience is not my first or seventy-first strength and seeing and driving a hybrid and knowing I could get one right now almost cracked me. The amazing wife that she is, talked me into sticking with the EV because it's the one I truly wanted and even though they're largely identical, there's just something about switching to an EV, not just an Ioniq, that really excites me. Or is that fear/anxiety? lol I'll find out soon (I hope).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alien-S thanks for the link some genuine LOL moments where I imagined me doing/thinking exactly the same ... much appreciated :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Alien-S thanks for the link some genuine LOL moments where I imagined me doing/thinking exactly the same ... much appreciated :)
Yes, thank you. It was light-hearted and funny but at the same time had a lot of useful tidbits for newbie EV drivers. Very informative.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Did you guys get the impression that he thought it was "a real pleasure to drive"?

I thought he mentioned that somewhere... :laugh::D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts