Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I test drove this car and really liked it, I have a couple of questions:
1) Has anyone installed a trailer hitch (Would like to use this for a bike rack with a 2" receiver).
2) How do you feel about the rear view mirror, I was surprised a bit by how much the spoiler interfered with seeing what is behind the car.

Thanks,

Marcel

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Welcome here! Are you going for the Hybrid or the EV?

A bike rack is not yet available, but it seems it will be developed by third parties; see also this thread.

In traffic you usually look through the upper window. The lower window is convenient to see very close and low objects, for example, when parking. I don't feel limited in the view.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jan,

I am looking at the hybrid, either sel or limited trim. I think the US models differ some from the models in the EU, I test drove a Blue edition and it was well equipped already, but my wife wants heated seats, so I need a higher trim level, slightly reduced MPG. I am also looking at the Kia Niro, still need to test drive it.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Marcel

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome nimwegen

as you know the ioniq and niro share the same drive train, they are two different types of car,

the ioniq is a aerodynamic liftback and the niro a CUV, many differences and it depends on your preference to style of vehicle

the niro does have a lower fuel economy due to lack of aerodynamics and bigger wheels

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trailer hitch

For what it's worth, about a month ago I emailed Curt mfg.(popular maker of hitches here in the US) and asked if they were going to make a hitch. Never received a reply.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As far as I know, IONIQ's chassis is not designed to mount a trailer hitch. While I understand bike rack will never push with force comparable to a trailer, this may simply mean there is no mounting point on the chassis. If my memory serves me well, even the user guide forbids mounting trailer hitches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone tried a trunk mounted bike rack on this car? I don't like these as much as trailer hitch based ones but if it is my only option I am ok with it, just worried since the back is all glass and spoiler, could it handle a bike rack?

Thanks,

Marcel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts