Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Hello from Brisbane Australia

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  2353 
#1 ·
I've ordered a Ioniq Plug in in Firey Red.

I've liked the concept of PHEV cars for a while (the EV Charging Network isn't well developed in Australia). I then drove the PHEV Ioniq on the fleet at work and could see the benefits in owning one.

So sometime in the next few months - I should have my own.

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Once I get my car we might have to meet up to compare. I already know about the half price parking at KGS car park with charging available. Im a little wary about chargers - we also have a couple of Nissan Leafs on the fleet at work and someone else took one to Toowoomba (140 odd Km and up a mountain for those outside SEQ). It was quite a saga getting home!

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum, @2353 !

I just love Australia, and I've been to Brisbane several times over the past years. I only wish I could go there now, but the pandemic makes travel more or less impossible. I can't wait for things to go back to normal.

Once you have your car, please put a pin into the member map according to these instructions:

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum! I love my PHEV, but have started drooling a bit of late over the Ioniq 5. I didn't think I liked it until I saw that black one in Bjørn Nyland's latest videos...

Reactions: Mooch
#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome. Funnily enough - I've been to Kitchener (about 10 years ago). Memories are of a nice town with some really interesting areas surrounding it. I have fond(?) memories of driving down the 401 from Toronto in a hired Nissan something or other at a speed that would have seen my licence cancelled in Australia.

#10 ·
A friend of mine sent me a photo taken in Brisbane in October 2019. Can you determine the exact location? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.