Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... I accidentally became a new Ioniq owner recently. I saw the Ioniq commercial on TV, and was intrigued by the "most fuel efficient car" in America.

I was thinking of going to test drive the new Honda Civic which looks so nice, just for fun, and to get a car in another year or two. After test driving the Civic (it was quite good, but didn't blow me away), I decided to go and test drive the Ioniq as well.

I test drove the SEL with the tech package, and the base Blue model. I wanted the highest fuel efficiency but was very impressed with the tech package. The adaptive cruise control was amazing.

I was more impressed with the pricing, comfort, and mileage of the Ioniq, compared to the Civic, although the Civic's styling, right side mirror camera, brake hold feature, and general driving impressions were great as well.

I was very undecided, and really didn't need to buy a new car. However the dealership ended up giving me a deal I couldn't refuse, so I ended up driving home with the new Ioniq!!

I chose the Ioniq SEL with tech package, and have to say I love it more and more as I get to spend more time with it. Looking forward to getting to know the car more and enjoying it!!

PS - I had thought lightly about getting a hybrid before, but the Nissan leaf had too limited of a range, the Prius styling was off-putting, the Chevy Volt was a bit pricey, along with so-so gas mileage. The Ioniq seems to have quite the package - best price, best range, best warranty. So I think I made the best decision for me. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
You are a lot like most Hyundai owners since years ago there was some skepticism about buying a Hyundai till they started making these look good and pricing them attractively. My first try was the Genesis 2.0 Coupe. Used to own a Civic Si Coupe and after testing the Genesis I couldn't go back. Now its Bolt vs Ioniq EV for me :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome, I too am a new owner and love this little car.
Now to the important question, what color did you get?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts