Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light on the button flashes on and off quickly but the wheel doesn't heat up. Anyone know what is wrong?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Is your satnav repaired yet Grahar? Seems you have selected a real trouble car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rene, No, the dealer has gone quiet on the sat nav so I will have to remind them and give them the news about the heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Dear Grahar,
I would find another Hyundai servicedealer if I were you. This is ridiculous and absurd, waiting for almost a month to have things repaired under factory guarantee. What the heck are they investigating? Switch the d*mned. Satnav for a new one and dont sell rubbish to your clients. In my 37 years of driving Honda I never experienced this kind of sh*t. They knew on beforehand fix it or wave your customer goodbye,! Dont let them fool you.

The more I hear from this kind of strange Ioniq problems the more nervous I get. Was this a smart purchase after all?. Every first car release shows child diseases . The car brands service organisation should keep the customer discomfort to a minimum. In your case I'm afraid they f**ked up. Bad point for Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You feel better now Rene? Lol
I worry too that I may be an exception, as I have had no issues or maybe that my issues are yet to come but I think it would be the same whatever new car I bought. Nothing is flawless. I look at the positives, it's saved me a lot of money already.

It is however not going to be the point of view of people who have not had a good experience so far. Harsh but it would be interesting to know who is in the majority.

·
Registered
725 Posts
You feel better now Rene? Lol
I worry too that I may be an exception, as I have had no issues or maybe that my issues are yet to come but I think it would be the same whatever new car I bought. Nothing is flawless. I look at the positives, it's saved me a lot of money already.

It is however not going to be the point of view of people who have not had a good experience so far. Harsh but it would be interesting to know who is in the majority.
No issues here either...fatal last words lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phew! Rene is getting quite hot there :) I understand what he is getting at though. It's actually just over a week since the dealer said they would check with Hyundai on the sat nav issue. They have been in touch today and thinks it may be a rogue update file which has caused the same on 3 other Ioniqs apparently. They are hopefully getting an accurate update and will try that on my car. The heated steering wheel issue only happened after the dealership fitted a dash cam for me so I have a feeling the two things are connected. I'm still in love with the car though and it is saving me a lot of money over my last car (which ended up with no sat nav at all! but that's another issue and one which Kia couldn't seem to sort either....). Thank goodness for Android Auto and Google Maps :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Lets wait what the satnav update will bring. Personally I consider this most likely to be a one trick pony to keep you quiet. Regarding the dashcam installation; if the dealer did it himself it demonstrates his incapability. QED.

If this happened to me they can analyse the problem for years if they like but I expect a replacement within 1 week. That is common practice at Honda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts