Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I want to get some feedback regarding the heated rear windscreen - I have noticed that on mine the bottom part of the screen under the spoiler doesn't appear to work, even though there are lines through it that look like heating elements.

Should that part of the screen heat up?

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine works fine, so yes, that lower part should be heated too.
You are unlucky and having more problems than the rest of us... monday morning product?
I even got mine on december 13 (not a friday) and no major problems so far.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine works fine, so yes, that lower part should be heated too.
You are unlucky and having more problems than the rest of us... monday morning product?
I even got mine on december 13 (not a friday) and no major problems so far.
Yeah so far I'm not having much luck. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news! It is actually working!

I cleaned off the lower rear windscreen and did some testing and can confirm that it is working as expected - phew!!!!

I think there was road film on the screen (probably due to the salt from gritters) that was not allowing the de-mist action to be seen clearly.

However glad it's not a real fault.

So just my air vent surround to deal with, and I'm golden!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Look at your DRL's. Mine have some condensation after a wet day.
http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/7-hyundai-ioniq-general-discussion/2889-my-first-real-flaw.html
A (dry) day later it was gone, but i'm watching it carefully.
It couldn't have been wetter than my 200 mile drive home on Saturday. I'll check those!
i used to get similar with my i20, in certain conditions there would appear to be condensation in the LED running / side lights but shortly after it was gone, no issues for the 18 months i owned it before the Ioniq

just keep an eye on it, if you can get a photo (you have) and email it to the service dept at your dealer so you have a history of the issue if you need to submit a warranty claim later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts