Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a EV Premium SE, brochure says LED headlights, but PDF manual lists LED for dipped but normal bulbs for main beam.

Can anyone confirm what the headlights are?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have just ordered a EV Premium SE, brochure says LED headlights, but PDF manual lists LED for dipped but normal bulbs for main beam.

Can anyone confirm what the headlights are?
I believe they are exactly as it states. As you will see on images there are two different types of bulb in the unit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats dissapointing.

Maybe my first upgrade then, for LED bulbs :)

I have LED bulbs and LED spotlights on my current car, its like driving in the day :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
It is quite common for main beam to be Halogen instead of LED or Xenon.

My current Outlander has Xenon headlamps but halogen high beam, and my E-Class prior to that had LED dipped but halogen high beam. On the Outlander forum people have complained that the high beam is useless, but I find the opposite - the contrasting lower colour temperature helps highlight the path ahead better than the blue-white Xenon. Black asphalt shows up much better in my opinion.

What I don't get, is why they insist on using filament bulbs for turn signal/indicator lamps, which are prone to failure by the continual expansion and contraction of a white hot filament. Not cool!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Mmmm Outlander...
Did I mention it's days are not only numbered, it is on borrowed time? Oh yes, as well you know ;)

Haven't regretted having it for a single microsecond though. I will miss it, no doubt. :crying:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I feel your pain... :(
I'd love to atleast drive one for a bit. Maybe have one on holiday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
resurrecting an old thread, but did you change the high beams in the end?

ta

1 - 8 of 8 Posts