Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai ioniq plug in hybrid premium se
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have an issue at night with the headlights not projecting far enough (normal dipped beam) I have LED headlights and halogen full beam. It’s very difficult on country roads to see far enough, my old Vauxhall Astra halogens were brighter than these. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi all, I have an issue at night with the headlights not projecting far enough (normal dipped beam) I have LED headlights and halogen full beam. It’s very difficult on country roads to see far enough, my old Vauxhall Astra halogens were brighter than these. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
You will have to have them adjusted properly then. I found the dipped beam to be superb but main beam to be totally ineffective. I purchased some LED replacement bulbs for the main beam from Amazon, but they were too blue in colour, the caps wouldn't fit and they did not have a focused hot spot, although they were still better than the halogens. I purchased some different ones, these work very well, the covers fit and have the same colour temperature as the dipped beam.

These are the ones: 9005 HB3 Mini Design Led Headlight Bulbs - 80W 8000LM/Set High Bright LED Headlight Conversion Kit 6000K Xenon White: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai ioniq plug in hybrid premium se
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will have to have them adjusted properly then. I found the dipped beam to be superb but main beam to be totally ineffective. I purchased some LED replacement bulbs for the main beam from Amazon, but they were too blue in colour, the caps wouldn't fit and they did not have a focused hot spot, although they were still better than the halogens. I purchased some different ones, these work very well, the covers fit and have the same colour temperature as the dipped beam.

These are the ones: 9005 HB3 Mini Design Led Headlight Bulbs - 80W 8000LM/Set High Bright LED Headlight Conversion Kit 6000K Xenon White: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

That’s great, thanks, will take a look later. the full beam is useless as well but it’s better than not seeing anything in front of me. Will give that a go. Will take the car back to Hyundai and get them to recalibrate the lights as I can’t seem to figure out how to do this manually. (Those were the days).
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts