1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ioniq electric ultimate
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
My wife has a question:
"All, I’m not that tall (5’7’), but I can’t seem to arrange the seat so my hair doesn’t brush the ceiling of the car! I like to sit up straight while driving but I can’t do it because my hair brushes the top.Tips?"

Thanks!
Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,026 Posts
Story time:

Long story short, you quickly get used to a more reclined seat.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi everyone
My wife has a question:
"All, I’m not that tall (5’7’), but I can’t seem to arrange the seat so my hair doesn’t brush the ceiling of the car! I like to sit up straight while driving but I can’t do it because my hair brushes the top.Tips?"

Thanks!
Adam

Maybe a shorter hair style!

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
469 Posts
Question, by sitting up straight does your wife also mean raising the seat?

I am 6’2” and sit pretty upright, but I have the seat wound right down to its lowest setting and my head is more than 2” away from the roof.

My car doesn’t have a sunroof and I have a No2 buzz cut on what hair I have left !

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
159 Posts
So THAT'S why SUV's are so popular! 😂

I concur with the above, recline the seat back and take a more relaxed driving position, these cars are very comfortable so make the most of it. My wife on the other hand has a very different driving position to mine :LOL: they are used to what they are used to.

·
Registered
2020 PHEV Phantom Black Preferred
51 Posts
6' 2" tall and i never felt uncomfortable. Like previous post, got something like 2 inches left... without sunroof.

If you have your head hitting ceiling, you are taller or maybe you should stop driving off-road... :p

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
Ioniq EV Premium SE 38.3kWh 2919
4 Posts
6' 2" tall and i never felt uncomfortable. Like previous post, got something like 2 inches left... without sunroof.

If you have your head hitting ceiling, you are taller or maybe you should stop driving off-road... :p
Hi everyone
My wife has a question:
"All, I’m not that tall (5’7’), but I can’t seem to arrange the seat so my hair doesn’t brush the ceiling of the car! I like to sit up straight while driving but I can’t do it because my hair brushes the top.
Tips?"

Thanks!
Adam

Hi everyone
My wife has a question:

Thanks!
Adam

I'm 6'3" and find the ioniq very roomy (current model EV without sunroof). It has the electric drivers seat which doesn't feel it drops as low as the manual passenger one, so always makes you feel perched quite high. Maybe the cars specified with manual driving seats improve on this. Having said that, I like the slightly raised feeling, and even though I have my seat quite upright I find I have a couple of inches headroom to spare, with the seat height at it's lowest point and the front of the cushion raised to it's highest. Only issue I have is that my eye level seems to be at the top of the windscreen, but I'm sure it's something I'll get used to.

·
Registered
132 Posts
5ft 11 here; seat as high as it will go. No head touching. (No sunroof).

·
Registered
3 Posts
A question I'm curious about too. We have a 6'2" family member who has to be comfortable in the car. So I'm puzzled about how a 6'3" man with the seat upright can have a couple of inches to spare, but 5'7" OP doesn't. ?? (I'm imagining a Marge Simpson-level beehive hairstyle...) Are you maybe referring to the height of the back seat? I'm missing something so I'm hoping OP comes back to clarify :).

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
30 Posts
I'm 6' 3" and I have no issues with headroom in the Ioniq. One factor could be the upper to lower body ratio in terms of your overall height, i.e. if you're 6' 3" but most of your height is in your upper body, you may struggle for headroom.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric - Phantom Black
20 Posts
I'm 6' 3" and I have no issues with headroom in the Ioniq. One factor could be the upper to lower body ratio in terms of your overall height, i.e. if you're 6' 3" but most of your height is in your upper body, you may struggle for headroom.
Hi everyone
My wife has a question:

Thanks!
Adam

Headroom is decreased in the ultimate trim model by 2 things: electric driver seat and sunroof. I ended up opting for the preferred trim since lower driver seat and no sunroof (yes my head touched in the ultimate trim at dealer)

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq hybrid Blue
11 Posts
"Off with her head!" said the Red Queen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts