Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i wanted to fit a dash cam at the rear of the car. Im not really too keen on wiring the rear cameras to the front of the car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Uk spec doesn't. I will be installing one though at some point, but it will be wired directly to the battery in the boot. I will use it for the times I carry a coolbox around with me. There is room between the inner panel and the bodywork above the battery.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Have an aftermarket audio installer run the wires for you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
personally don't see the point of rear cameras, as if anyone rear ends you, its their fault, unless your driving in reverse everywhere

·
Registered
260 Posts
personally don't see the point of rear cameras, as if anyone rear ends you, its their fault, unless your driving in reverse everywhere
Young lad who rode his moped I the back of my golf tried blaming we for braking hard giving him no time to stop. Once his insurers saw what happened it was game over for him.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Young lad who rode his moped I the back of my golf tried blaming we for braking hard giving him no time to stop. Once his insurers saw what happened it was game over for him.
Does it matter how hard you brake? If he hadn't kept sufficient stopping distance surely that's his problem and you'd have still won the case?

·
Registered
130 Posts
yep, should be giving sufficient distance of stopping, no doubt that the camera just pointed that out, but would of been his fault anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts