Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

about two weeks ago I have hardwired Blackvue DR750S-2CH to my Ioniq PHEV and it is working perfectly fine.

However, couple of weeks ago, I've noticed that when I had it fully charged overnight with the parking mode on, the full charge only showed 44km instead of 47km.

I've turned off the power magic pro (which allows the dashcam to run when the vehicle is off) but kept the hardwiring on and it still shows 44km range.

I've also tried to unplug the DC cable to the camera itself and charge it overnight, still showed 44km.

I've attached a picture where I've hardwired my cables to. Batt(+) is connected to Sunroof (for constant power fuse slot), Acc(+) is connected to Heated Steering wheel (switched fuse slot) and ground is connected to the metal body.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Should I change which fuses to connect the wires to?

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
I sincerely hope that you are not leaving the wires connected to the fuse board like that? What you should use is an add a circuit fuse tap like this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/282165607047?
Also you have used the wrong fuses. Have a look in your handbook in the maintenance section at the cabin fuse Labour you will see B+ spare and Ign spare. These are the two fuses you should use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I've had the wires like that on my previous car and it ran perfectly fine.

For the fuses I don't think it really affected it since one of them is a constant power and the other is on upon ignition. But I have rewired it to spare ignition and B+ spare fuses.

Also I found out what the problem was and I feel really dumb.

Turning the A/C on affected the range... I didn't realise this and thought it was the dashcam that was affecting it.

I verified by turning the A/C on and off multiple times. I've always drove with no A/C so didn't know it would affect the range.

Interestingly the range drop off decreases as the range drops. At full charge, it'll lose 3km but later on at around 10 to 15km range left, the difference is only 1km.

So I'll be hardwiring it once more.

·
Registered
28kWh Premium electric
18 Posts
I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to share my experience. I installed a small solar panel with a solar controller that has a USB-connection. The Solar charger is connected to a permanently powered fuse (the two rows below the switch) with a fuse splitter. The 50Watt peak panel is probably not very efficient behind the windscreen, but at least it does something, although currently with not much sun it's not doing so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to share my experience. I installed a small solar panel with a solar controller that has a USB-connection. The Solar charger is connected to a permanently powered fuse (the two rows below the switch) with a fuse splitter. The 50Watt peak panel is probably not very efficient behind the windscreen, but at least it does something, although currently with not much sun it's not doing so much.

Interesting set-up. Do you have any pics to share?
Jay

·
Registered
115 Posts
I find only having my dash cam connected to a switched circuit via the 12v adapter at the front works for me.

·
Registered
28kWh Premium electric
18 Posts
I used hook-and-loop (Velcro) to attach the Solar Charge Controller to the panel under the climate control.

The right side of the fuse connection is the load. If you mount the fuse splitter backwards, the fuse will be useless and can cause dangerous situations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts