Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I already posted a few comments in this fora, but for the last 24 hours I am a new owner of an IONIQ HEV. Only a 100km's so far, but I'm very happy with it. great car!
pics:

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
The steering wheel's in the wrong place :) ..... nice colour though

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome to the very exclusive Ioniq owners club at the moment,

I have yet to see another Ioniq on the road (other than the new demo the dealer got to replace mine :) )

I have done just under 3000 miles in mine and still have a huge grin when I am driving it

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys,

I know, in the UK the steering wheel is on the right side, but that is wrong....:D

The blue foot-well interior lights are an extra. You can choose from white or blue coloured lights, front and/or rear. Blue car, so I choose the blue ones (only in the front, 150 euro's extra). Looks a lot brighter on the picture than in real live.

15" wheels with winter-tires (my first winter tyres)

I too have not seen another IONIQ yet in wild-life here in the west of the Netherlands.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks nice, cant wait to get mine.

I was considering the footwell lighting kit. Is the footwell light on with lights, or just part of getting in/out etc? I might have my local stealer do it when I get it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The foot light goes on/off when opening or closing a door (dimms with delay), not with the switch for the roof interior lights.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats mxhans!

That blue does look nice.
I have my test drive tomorrow, so I will be hoping to provide a little report of my experience.

Also, not sure what colour to get yet either - could be blue or black, depending on delivery times.

I don't think I have seen another Ioniq out in the wild yet either, but I don't think it's that easy to spot them. You could mistake an Ioniq for an i40?
I've seen a couple of Gen4 Priuses around, and they can be seen from a mile off, especially from the back!

Do you get floor mats as standard or are they extra?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Mats came with mine . Blue is the best colour in my opinion followed by iron grey

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not sure what colour to get yet either - could be blue or black, depending on delivery times.
Look around you at any car park. Everything is white to black in different shades of gray. Depressing! Only a few coloured cars to spot. My last 4 cars were white or grey also. Since I'm old and gray myself now, I wanted some color in my life. Even thought about the orange one, but when I was young (long time ago) I repainted my bikes, moped and my first car in blue, so I'm back to my favorite color.
This way it's easier to follow me in a police-chase 0:).
No matter what color, from the inside, sitting left or right, you can barely see the color but you will always enjoy this new ride.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Look around you at any car park. Everything is white to black in different shades of gray. Depressing! Only a few coloured cars to spot. My last 4 cars were white or grey also. Since I'm old and gray myself now, I wanted some color in my life. Even thought about the orange one, but when I was young (long time ago) I repainted my bikes, moped and my first car in blue, so I'm back to my favorite color.
This way it's easier to follow me in a police-chase 0:).
No matter what color, from the inside, sitting left or right, you can barely see the color but you will always enjoy this new ride.
Just buy a car in white/black/silver/grey and then wrap it in some color that's more to your liking. If the cops are chasing you just hide for 15 minutes so you can peel of the wrap ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congratulations! Nice lights.

I have seen other Ioniqs in the wild only twice, and both drivers waved to say Hi! An exclusive club so far, but bound to change soon.

Floor mats came standards, rubber mats for the interior and trunk were extra.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congrats mxhans!

That blue does look nice.
I have my test drive tomorrow, so I will be hoping to provide a little report of my experience.

Also, not sure what colour to get yet either - could be blue or black, depending on delivery times.

I don't think I have seen another Ioniq out in the wild yet either, but I don't think it's that easy to spot them. You could mistake an Ioniq for an i40?
I've seen a couple of Gen4 Priuses around, and they can be seen from a mile off, especially from the back!

Do you get floor mats as standard or are they extra?
I have just ordered one and been told its a factory order. 12-14 weeks.... :-(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:(Oops, we all feel very sorry for your long wait and wish you all the best in the dark days ahead. I only had to wait for 3 weeks and wanted it very bad in the last few days.... and nights.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's strange.

Just placed my order (I'm going to post my experience in the Registry forum) for a blue Premium model, and I was quoted mid-January!
I was told that there were two shipments coming in in January - 11 and 28 January, and the dealer was hoping to get one of the earlier ones.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have gone for the Iron Grey with 17"s as was told all cars would be factory order as stock due in januray had already been snapped up. It is a leased car that I am getting and haven't been given firm idea of timescale yet, so perhaps they are just being overly cautious.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Is it really so easy that you can just replace the bulbs by LED bulbs? If so, is your dealer also able to do it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts