Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Checking in from Malaysia. Been driving the Ioniq for about two weeks now, simply loving it. Delivery was pretty quick considering we're the only other place in the world where they assemble the hybrid version. Settled the finances on Friday, drove the car home the next Friday.

Bought it mainly for it's fuel efficiency as well as the wealth of equipped features. It's a lot better than the car it replaces, yet only about $30 more in monthly ownership cost over its expected life. We only have two variants over here, the HEV and HEV Plus. Mine is the HEV Plus, kinda like the Premium SE model in the UK minus a few bells & whistles, and none of the heated stuffs as we don't need those here.

Already been reading through the posts in this forum before registering. Looking forward to learning and sharing more experience and knowledge about this car :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome silverks, to the forums!

Where in Malaysia are you based? It's been a few years since I went to KL, but I do remember sitting for hours in some soul-crushing traffic jams in the centre of KL, even at midnight. The Ioniq (and Prius) are ideal cars for handling this!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe you are our first Malaysian member, please fill in our two polls (which model did you by and the which colour for your hybrid)
Done and done :)

Welcome silverks, to the forums!

Where in Malaysia are you based? It's been a few years since I went to KL, but I do remember sitting for hours in some soul-crushing traffic jams in the centre of KL, even at midnight. The Ioniq (and Prius) are ideal cars for handling this!
I'm based in the east coast of Malaysia, but do travel regularly to KL since that is where the company's HQ is at. Yes, the city center in KL is a traffic nightmare, although it has gotten a bit more bearable now that we have Waze for live traffic. There's a number of new light rail transit systems currently under construction, plus they're mulling to enforce London-style congestion charge here. We'll see if those can ease up the traffic a bit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting, the windows of your Ioniq are actually tinted. I guess it makes sense in your climates and it looks really cool!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, we get 26-37 degree C throughout the year over here. It's essential to avoid feeling like being baked in an oven. Lowers the load on the AC as well.

The percentages are about as close as regulations would allow: 30% on the windscreen, 50% on front side windows, and 70% on all other rear windows and screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts