Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Everyone!

I bought IONIQ two months ago. At first, I was looking at Mazda 3, but our dealer's offer was... uninspiring, to say the least and actually not swear.
Then I've headed over to Toyota, checking Auris Touring Hybrid, and Hyundai Elantra - which is when I saw IONIQ on display for the first time. At first, I considered it too expensive, but went for a test drive nevertheless and... fell in love :) Suffice to say the same car I test-drove is now in my drive-way :D

I've bought the test car off of the dealer, with barely 1800 km / 1100 miles on the clock, for substantially less than a new car of the same spec (Platinum - which is the top of the tree, not sure how it's called in different markets - with leatherette seats, sat-nav and Infinity audio setup), which is what made the deal for me.

So far, very happy with my choice, with slight second-thoughts on waiting for Plug-in Hybrid - maybe I should've given it few more months.
With this one exception, didn't second-guess myself ever after and am very well pleased with my choice.

My daily home-work-home commute is around 13 km / 8 miles each way, with a very dense stop-go traffic and frequent traffic jams.
Suffice to say the average speed I got so far is 30kmh / 18 mph. Not exactly fuel-conserving environment, and yet IONIQ manages quite well, give the circumstances.
So far, I'm getting 56mpg / 5,5L per 100km, which - considering heavy city traffic and strangely cold end of April/beginning of May - is a very good result for my dynamic, but not aggressive driving style.
Measured highway mpg was 71 at 120 km/h, or 74 mph, which for a petrol engine is outstanding, imho.

Hello to IONIQ owners all over the World!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TheAlien - the new top spec with all packages, locally called "Platinum", costs 122 900 PLN ($31 675 by today's exchange rate). I got mine for 110 000 PLN ($28 350) - so close to 13k PLN ($3324) cheaper. With all the bonus things like rubber and cloth floor mat sets, trunk mat, trunk cargo net and winter/summer tires swap for free at the dealership, as well as set of 17" winter tires.
The salesman didn't budge, and I didn't insist on further negotiations as I considered the deal really good.

In retrospect, should've checked the car more thoroughly as the windshield turned out to be scratched from frost-removing at the dealership - very minor and shallow scratches, nevertheless visible in some conditions. But, the car wasn't brand new and quick googling around showed me windshield polishing can actually do more harm than resolve problems, so I simply got over it and don't care anymore. Life's too short to be drooling on minor issues ;) Personal opinion :D

All in all, it's a car - its looks will only degrade with time, so I just keep it as clean and new as I can without overthinking issues too much :)

bluecar1 - I sure do like it. For someone driving 99% of the time in heavy city traffic, I saw no other solution than a hybrid car that could work ideally in such conditions.
You're right - if someone is in the market for a car at this price range, Ioniq has a lot to offer. And once you test-drove one, it seems to really speak for itself :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts