Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

We bought a Summit Gray Limited Ioniq Hybrid on April 22, 2017 to replace an old Acura MDX. We wanted to purchase a hybrid but hated the looks of the new Prius. Gas prices are over $3.00 per gallon and increasing in California with upcoming increase in state gas tax. We pay currently about $0.80 in federal and state gas taxes per gallon of gas in California. I was set on buying the Kia Niro Touring for months but saw an Ioniq Hybrid on the freeway several weeks ago and got intrigued. I initially did not like the appearance of the Ioniq but the more I saw of the car, the more I was won over especially when compared to Prius. Test drove both the Niro and Ioniq though on different days. Did not feel significant differences in the test drive of the cars. Niro sits up higher like a small SUV and Ioniq sits more like a sports car. Ultimately, I liked the better gas mileage (55mpg vs 43mpg), the fact it is a sedan hatchback, and the better Hyundai promotional car loan interest of 0% vs 0.9% APR. We already have a 2016 Kia Sorento (SUV) and felt a sedan like car would be a better option. We sat in both SEL and Limited versions. We did not like the color nor the feel of the cloth seats and wanted the leather seats with sun roof. Went through the "no-haggling" Costco auto buying program which the price is set at $100.00 over the "invoice price." I am not totally convinced that their invoice price is the price the dealer actually paid for car. We ended up paying US$27,490+tax (7.75%)+license/registration fees+theft deterrent devices for the Ioniq Hybrid Limited without Ultimate Package. I had checked TrueCar.com and the market average price for Ioniq Hybrid Limited in our area was $27,898. So far pleased with our purchase of Ioniq Hybrid. Still on the first tank of gas and averaging in the mid-50's for mpg in local and freeway rush hour driving. My only concern is that there is no car license plate holder on the front of car. I believe in state of California, we are required to display a front and back car license plate. Will ask dealer to put one on without cost.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome glin2010

I looked in the Niro as it came out several months before the Ioniq in the UK and didn't like the flat dining table like bonnet and the inside didn't look great either (car was lock as dealer shut so could only look through windows) went to go back the following weekend and dealer only opened a few hours Saturday so didn't bother going to look closer if the dealer couldn't be bothered to open much at the weekends

went to have a look at the Ioniq dealer said jump in lets go for a drive and car sold itself, but took a couple of weeks haggling to get the deal I could afford

as to the license plates I have noticed all the promotional shots of the front of the Ioniq in the US never show a license plate?

quite a few of us keep an eye on gas mileage with fuelly.com

please add your details to the http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/7-hyundai-ioniq-general-discussion/5689-member-map.html thread

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check your glove box for the front plate bracket. Mine was in there with the manuals. Since we don't get our plates with the car, some dealers leave it off at first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for information on the license plate holder. I don't remember seeing anything except manual and other information in the glove compartment. However, I did see some black plastic item in the hatchback part of the car. Perhaps that was the front license plate holder. I will see. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts