Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am very pleased with my new ioniq hybrid white. Just got my car today and still learning the tech that come with the car. Too bad our dealer does not bring the 8" HU even for the high spec. Hopefully I can learn a lot more about this car from here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
@vioniq Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Ioniq Hybrid! How did you come to decide on buying an Ioniq? What are your first impressions so far?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello vioniq! Where in Malaysia are you based? I'm mostly in Kerteh.

We've only got the most basic 7" HU with no navigation, no fuel economy stuffs, not even DAB radio (there's Bluetooth at least). They did mention during one of the media test drives that they're working on an Android-based HU, but that it wasn't ready yet at the time of launch. Hopefully when it is available we can just swap it in. Fingers crossed!

All the other driver assists are there though, including reverse camera, AEB, smart cruise, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Siverks and Vioniq,

I hope the dealer can furnish the IONIC here as good as their European market. This is a global car!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Hello Siverks and Vioniq,

I hope the dealer can furnish the IONIC here as good as their European market. This is a global car!
Welcome Zairin

Please introduce yourself on a separate thread

are you looking at an Ioniq?
where are you from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi DaveAZ,
My decision to buy ioniq is very simple. I been admired hybrid car from the beginning but none catch my attention because of the car design. Actually I going to buy camry hybrid but the price of the ioniq here in Malaysia made the decision easier plus the safety technology came with it. So far I'm very enjoy driving it but hopefully our dealer do something regarding the HU unit and at least they offering the 16" rim in the future.
@silverks
I based at Putrajaya.

Thank you bluecar1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Bluecar1,
Yes, I m looking for an IONIQ.
I m staying in Kajang and working in Kuala Lumpur.
Already test driven one at a dealer and enjoy driving it.
It will be much better if it is fitted with an upgraded HU.
I m using that a lot to navigate me to target destination, that will help reduce fuel consumption too.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Hi Bluecar1,
Yes, I m looking for an IONIQ.
I m staying in Kajang and working in Kuala Lumpur.
Already test driven one at a dealer and enjoy driving it.
It will be much better if it is fitted with an upgraded HU.
I m using that a lot to navigate me to target destination, that will help reduce fuel consumption too.
Hyundai Ioniq gets new Android-based head unit in Malaysia – upgrade packages available from RM2,283

Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors (HSDM) has introduced a new audio visual navigation system (AVN) to the Hyundai Ioniq, for those who require a wider range of functions from their head unit.

Models that are ordered the new AVN will be known as the Ioniq Hybrid HEV Plus with AVN System, which is priced at RM116,488 on-the-road with insurance. By comparison, the Ioniq Hybrid HEV Plus retails for RM114,088 and the Ioniq Hybrid HEV is RM100,388.

In terms of specifications, the AVN system comes with an eight-inch touchscreen – one inch larger than on the Ioniq Hybrid HEV Plus – and is built around the Android operating system (5.1.1). As a result, it supports commonly used applications such as Spotify, Google Maps and the all-important Waze.

Other functions include music playback options (radio, bluetooth, USB, MP3), clock and weather widgets that are updated via WiFi and the My Hyundai App. The last one allows owners to place a service booking or call for 24-hour road assist if required.

Users will be able to insert a SIM card into the AVN system, or connect it to a mobile hotspot to in order to supply internet data for some of the functions.

Existing Ioniq Hybrid owners who want to upgrade to the new AVN system can trade in their existing head unit, and topping up the difference. For HEV Plus owners, the cost is RM2,283, whereas non-HEV Plus owners, it is RM3,533 (prices exclude GST). The system comes with three-year/100,000 km warranty (whichever first).

Aside from the headunit, the rest of the car is identical to the Ioniq Hybrid HEV Plus, with the same 141 PS and 265 Nm hybrid powertrain and comprehensive safety systems. The latter includes Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), blind spot detection, autonomous emergency braking system (AEB), lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control (Smart Cruise Control).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts