Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by one of the local Hyundai dealers in MD last night to see if they had anything new on the lot. I always go when they are closed so I can move around as I please without being hounded by salesmen --- They just got a 2023 SEL Matte Gravity Gold. This is definitely a 'White Gold' and it looks very good!

Here are some photos of it next to my Matterhorn White GV60.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
2023 Limited
4 Posts
I have the gravity gold matte finish and really like the appearance. I bought the vehicle after visiting or phoning at least 10 dealerships. The vehicle I bought is the only one I found that was on a dealer lot, not pre-sold, and available. While I like the gravity gold I'm not sure it would have been my first choice, but it turned out to be my only choice. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the matte finish as it apparently requires special care; for example, the car came with a kit of special cleaning solutions for matte finishes. I'm looking for any information on how to best maintain the finish. The dealer tried to sell me a special coating process for $3,000, which I turned down. There must be a cheaper way to go!

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the gravity gold matte finish and really like the appearance. I bought the vehicle after visiting or phoning at least 10 dealerships. The vehicle I bought is the only one I found that was on a dealer lot, not pre-sold, and available. While I like the gravity gold I'm not sure it would have been my first choice, but it turned out to be my only choice. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the matte finish as it apparently requires special care; for example, the car came with a kit of special cleaning solutions for matte finishes. I'm looking for any information on how to best maintain the finish. The dealer tried to sell me a special coating process for $3,000, which I turned down. There must be a cheaper way to go!
Ignore the dealer add-on. You can add the same equivalent at home for $600 or less. Additionally, you can get the one for matte-specific paint. The kit you received for your purchase is actually damn good for cleaning and maintenance.

Lastly, we picked up our Limited AWD Gravity Gold Saturday. This was my second of two reservations from Annapolis Hyundai, their dealership should be commended for the overall process and handling. I 100% recommended them.

Now we have the GV60, EV-6 First Edition, and two AWD Limited I5s in the family. The ICE to EV transition is complete.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

· Registered
2023 Gravity Gold SEL RWD
59 Posts
Looking sharp! I got my SEL RWD from Annapolis back in October. I had been on the wait list since early May. I'm loving it. But I'm also overdue for a car wash...waiting for the temps to warm up a bit more.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Looking sharp! I got my SEL RWD from Annapolis back in October. I had been on the wait list since early May. I'm loving it. But I'm also overdue for a car wash...waiting for the temps to warm up a bit more.
Get out there and get your hands dirty in the cold! 😂 Congratulations!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts