Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 73 Ultimate RWD in GG - Now rejected
105 Posts
.......I can only hope they'll do a good job.....
As a precautionary measure I would take a video (and still photos) of the car to make sure that you can compare the 'before and after', ensuring that you record all of the neighbouring panels in your video.

Take one video in the bright light and one at a dull time of the day to ensure that you capture the different contrasts in the paint.

This will be useful - just in case ;-)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks.

Technically this isn't my car - it belongs to Hyundai Capital UK - my main concern is to ensure that they will be happy with the repair when I hand back the car at the end of the lease period.

The obvious difficulty is that by the time the lease ends, it will be long after any warranty provided by the approved repairer will have expired.

I am just hoping by using a Hyundai approved repairer I am discharging my liability. Time will tell.....

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 73 Ultimate RWD in GG - Now rejected
105 Posts
Thanks.

Technically this isn't my car - it belongs to Hyundai Capital UK - my main concern is to ensure that they will be happy with the repair when I hand back the car at the end of the lease period.

The obvious difficulty is that by the time the lease ends, it will be long after any warranty provided by the approved repairer will have expired.

I am just hoping by using a Hyundai approved repairer I am discharging my liability. Time will tell.....
Ah, yes, I see what you mean. I've just browsed through this Hyundai link below so, as I read the T&Cs, it remains mportant to ensure that you are happy with the work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ah, yes, I see what you mean. I've just browsed through this Hyundai link below so, as I read the T&Cs, it remains mportant to ensure that you are happy with the work.

Agreed, what I am trying to say is that me being happy with the result isn't enough... I.e. the paintwork may look fine to my eyes, but not to an expert. Also, the resprayed panel might fade in a different way to the other panels over time. Etc.

BTW, some time ago I had an expert check my other car (not Hyundai), and he concluded that the front wing was resprayed - he could tell by the variation in smoothness when moving his hand over the paintwork. I tried this many times but can't feel a difference.....

At any rate, it seems that all I can do at this stage is hope it will all work out in the end.....

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
131 Posts
Does anyone know if body shops in the UK know how to respray panels in Gravity Gold Matte? Asking for a friend.... ahmm... 😥
Yes, been there, done that. :(
After a small altercation with a chain link fence I has surface damage to OSF wheel arch and paintwork. I went to a SMART repair place who, completely by coincidence is one of the shops my supplying dealer takes their cars for repair. Not many dealers have paint shops so they sub it out locally (despite what they tell you).
The paint matching process is based on the car colour code as a starting point, but they also use some sort of colour analysis gismo to get the exact colour. In some ways its easier to match new cars because the paint is still 'new' and hasn't deteriorated or aged.
The whole repair came in much less than my insurance excess so I paid cash ;)
I am happy with the result but if you know where the damage was, or are an expert inspecting it closely, you might spot it.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have ordered a matte gold. However, the sales guys never mentioned at all the high maintenance it may take. I still have the option to change to blue, white, galactic or cyber. Delivery is December. Ideally wanted a tech pack but non available until Jan.
My other option is to go with the silver and add the tech pack for Jan 2022. I am leasing as the deals are really good and I don't see myself keeping a car after 4 years. Im not sure what the Matte paint would be like after 4 years and dont know if I would get hit with an additional cost for paintwork?

My lease deal on an ultimate 74kw RWD with 2000 GBP down is 492GBP/month for 4 years. Adding a tech pack may push it up to 525

The agony of choice !!
Does your company do the salary sacrifice ones? They work out much cheaper and no deposit either.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts