Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the UK popular choice is the Matte gold, now for the cleaning and good UK available products to keep these cars looking good at home. All suggestions and experiences welcome .Cressy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have ordered a matte gold. However, the sales guys never mentioned at all the high maintenance it may take. I still have the option to change to blue, white, galactic or cyber. Delivery is December. Ideally wanted a tech pack but non available until Jan.
My other option is to go with the silver and add the tech pack for Jan 2022. I am leasing as the deals are really good and I don't see myself keeping a car after 4 years. Im not sure what the Matte paint would be like after 4 years and dont know if I would get hit with an additional cost for paintwork?

My lease deal on an ultimate 74kw RWD with 2000 GBP down is 492GBP/month for 4 years. Adding a tech pack may push it up to 525

The agony of choice !!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have ordered a matte gold. However, the sales guys never mentioned at all the high maintenance it may take. I still have the option to change to blue, white, galactic or cyber. Delivery is December. Ideally wanted a tech pack but non available until Jan.
My other option is to go with the silver and add the tech pack for Jan 2022. I am leasing as the deals are really good and I don't see myself keeping a car after 4 years. Im not sure what the Matte paint would be like after 4 years and dont know if I would get hit with an additional cost for paintwork?

My lease deal on an ultimate 74kw RWD with 2000 GBP down is 492GBP/month for 4 years. Adding a tech pack may push it up to 525

The agony of choice !!
How many miles pa?

·
Registered
Ionic 5
49 Posts
We had a mat grey colour before.
You can not go to washing street with the car and always use had washing service.
I would recommend to wrap the car.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
As some owners are now into a few weeks of ownership, I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on with cleaning the Matt finish. Have you found any products that work well or have any maintenance tips?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Picking my matte gold up week on Friday. I’m getting the dealer to super guard it (Ceramic coating) before I leave the dealership. £399 lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As some owners are now into a few weeks of ownership, I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on with cleaning the Matt finish. Have you found any products that work well or have any maintenance tips?
Looks good. Ceramic coating using Shelby product and then Shelby ceramic shampoo every weekend so far. Wipe down after with micro fibre and a bit of ceramic detail spray. Any dirty just drops off. Seems good so far. Noticed the gold does not evaporate water when in sun as quickly as other cars and also noticed dew stays on longer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Everyone loves my P45 car and the Gravity Gold finish however, long term maintenance for me the owner is high. I considered ceramics applied professionally, but for full protection against minor scratches stone chips and flying stain machines I have gone for total car PPF which is to an extent self healing. I do intend to keep the car for a minimum of five years, and live in a rural area with lots of flying crap so peace of mind.
We all know matte is difficult to repair and match minor damage so peace of mind. The car went in yesterday and is away for 7 days it ain't low cost so expect OEM job.
Pictures next week.
Cheers

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate 73kWh RWD
13 Posts
So 700 miles - very little rain but lots of dead bugs - washed the car by hand 3 times with car shampoo in a bucket with a mitt followed by a wipe down with a soft leather - looks as new

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just done my 1st quick wash on my car which had a complete detail and Pro Ceramic coating done, as it was not too dirty just gave it a quick jet wash (the beading of the water on the car was unreal) and a quick wipe down with really thick high quality microfibre, car perfect in 10 minutes......

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
310 Posts
Gave my Silver Fox the 2 bucket Auto Glym treatment today
Liquid Fluid Solution Plastic bottle Personal care

Liquid White Product Fluid Font

2 capfulls of shampoo in Bucket 1 - wash all over car with sponge - then do the wheels with a stiff nylon brush

Font Gas Cookware and bakeware Ingredient Audio equipment

Glove Wood Gas Flooring Building material

Automotive tire Hood Liquid Light Tire

Wash off with clean water from Bucket 2 using a brand new sponge
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Whilst car is still wet, spray Rapid Aqua Wax on 1 panel at a time & immediately wipe off with a micro fibre cloth

Netbook Hood Gadget Automotive design Font

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Sleeve

Car now Good-to-Go & ready for the next batch of insects

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

:cool:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts