Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldnt drive it! Lease company switched plates but didnt think to tell the insurers! When I was checking the car over I thought the plate didnt look right. Well, after an hour, I have been promised its now sorted and insured. Got an email in mean time whilst certificate goes via snail mail.

Is the media unit updated correctly, they promised they would, but the dates look like last year. I was expecting to see something updated to this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Couldnt drive it! Lease company switched plates but didnt think to tell the insurers! When I was checking the car over I thought the plate didnt look right. Well, after an hour, I have been promised its now sorted and insured. Got an email in mean time whilst certificate goes via snail mail.

Is the media unit updated correctly, they promised they would, but the dates look like last year. I was expecting to see something updated to this year.
Those version numbers are the same as mine (car arrived UK 31/3/17), but the version numbers indicated by BC1 seem to be later - so in a word "Perhaps!" it's the latest version (or in 2 words, "Perhaps not") ....

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
BC1 has had a service and a media unit update though.. think yours will be the same as the rest of ours delivered in 2017.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BC1 has had a service and a media unit update though.. think yours will be the same as the rest of ours delivered in 2017.
I was promised that the leasing company's dealer would carry out an update during PDI but I'm fairly sure it hasn't. Although I don't appear to have the issue with CarPlay.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So essentially, those of us waiting for cars are going to have to insist this is done as it doesn't seem to be getting done back at the factory?

·
Registered
278 Posts
So essentially, those of us waiting for cars are going to have to insist this is done as it doesn't seem to be getting done back at the factory?
Mine was delivered 28 march 2017 and had the old firmware and map data. They had it back the next day to update and it took about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So this media unit replacement then. It's a physical swap? I am thinking of emailing the dealer in advance about mine. Give them a chance to get any necessary bits & pieces in time for when mine arrives. You'd think that they would just do this without needing to be asked as they would know it needs doing.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
So this media unit replacement then. It's a physical swap? I am thinking of emailing the dealer in advance about mine. Give them a chance to get any necessary bits & pieces in time for when mine arrives. You'd think that they would just do this without needing to be asked as they would know it needs doing.
Yes , it's a physical swap , doesn't take long though

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
if you have one of the media units that have the Bluetooth issue then yes a swap of the whole media unit (less than hour)

there is also a firmware / map update which is totally separate

see attached for new firware on a hybrid, but the map date should be the same on a EV

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
So how do you know if you need a media unit replacement? Would like to avoid too many return journeys to the dealer if I can avoid it as it is a 40 mile round trip.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
So how do you know if you need a media unit replacement? Would like to avoid too many return journeys to the dealer if I can avoid it as it is a 40 mile round trip.
Give the dealer a ring and give him your VIN I should think

·
Registered
373 Posts
Give the dealer a ring and give him your VIN I should think
I haven't received mine yet but was hoping to get the dealership to sort these things out before I collect which currently is going to be early June.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes I'm mammothly hacked off, took car in for service and they knew about the update but didn't have the unit in, so now have to go back next week. They think it's just a firmware update, they try to do that but can't and they find out you need a new unit, so beware if they say to you "Oh yes it needs a firmware update", get them to get a new media unit in too. 2 hour round trip for me plus however long waiting. Annoyed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes I'm mammothly hacked off, took car in for service and they knew about the update but didn't have the unit in, so now have to go back next week. They think it's just a firmware update, they try to do that but can't and they find out you need a new unit, so beware if they say to you "Oh yes it needs a firmware update", get them to get a new media unit in too. 2 hour round trip for me plus however long waiting. Annoyed.

Annoying. This is why I was wondering if you can check somehow to see if the media unit needs changing or whether the factory has now started fitting the new units.

Never ceases to amaze me how "dealers" who should know their stuff tend to be behind people like us on the internet.

I will email my salesman about this and then double check on it before collecting. Although in my role as an IT PM I do all this at work and people still let me down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Although in my role as an IT PM I do all this at work and people still let me down.

I think you probably have to be an IT PM these days to get your car serviced. On my Passat they once rang me up to say we can't complete the service as we are waiting for (..here we go.... a part I thought.. go on....) .. no.....a software update from Germany.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Annoying. This is why I was wondering if you can check somehow to see if the media unit needs changing or whether the factory has now started fitting the new units.

Never ceases to amaze me how "dealers" who should know their stuff tend to be behind people like us on the internet.

I will email my salesman about this and then double check on it before collecting. Although in my role as an IT PM I do all this at work and people still let me down.

My car is due in next week. Will see what's on it and post here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts