Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Agreed, I didn't buy into the brand and didn't want a Tesla... that said, my first instinct was to buy an ID.4, but while searching I soon realised that the IONIQ 5 was the car to have... I got one the dealer had in stock, waited a couple of days for them to register it, and been very happy since :)
If it’s any consolation in my not very scientific analysis it’s the ID 3 and 4 that seem to have the biggest challenges getting certain chargers to work for them. On three separate occasions I’ve arrived at a charging station and watched people in the VWs struggle to get them to charge. Same with Audi and MB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your car . I always wondered why people worry about showing their license plate number, lol?
Licence plates are cloned by criminals! I have a dark blue 730Ld. Out of the blue I was accused of having been involved in an accident without stopping, in South London, 650 miles away from where I live. I contacted both the Police and the DVLA, and had to prove to the Insurance company that had contacted me that MY car was entirely undamaged - with photos taken all round the outside, and a neighbour's confirmation that I had been walking with him and his dog in northern Scotland when the accident took place in South London. The car to which my licence number had been fixed was an identical dark blue 730Ld, presumably stolen and provided with plates that matched its description superficially...so now you know why you probably should not be advertising your licence plate on sites like this!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not from 650 miles away they can’t! Trawling the net for identical vehicle with a number displayed just makes it a lot easier for them!
Actually not too many 730Lds to steal up here - probably ten a penny in London I suspect. Posting plates on the web just makes it so much easier for them than hoping they’ll spot an identical vehicle in the street to the one they have stolen.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts