Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
101 - 120 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
So let us in on your negotiation techniques! I would think it would be difficult on a popular new vehicle.
I would love to say I am a master negotiator but I usually just ask for corporate pricing which is typically invoice +2%. If you go to a site like carcostcanada you can "free" invoice data( they are paid by making a referral to a dealer, so expect a sales call). For example invoice for AWD with ultimate package is $57390 +1825(freight) + options, $100 ac tax, tire tax, and whatever other fees that are required in your province. Nonetheless I am expecting to roughly get at least a $1500 off msrp without too much debate, it helps if you already have a previous business relationship with the dealer. Anyways I have bought several cars this way, even in demand popular vehicles. Occasionally a dealer does not want to play but fortunately there are more Hyundai dealers in my town than Starbucks so its not too hard to find a hungrier one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's the same approach I have used for multiple purchases over the last 15 years or so. I think the difference this time, however, is that the pre-order seems to be tied to a particular (local) dealer reducing the opportunity to solicit bids from, say, three dealers near me in Ottawa, and a high volume dealer in Toronto.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
That's the same approach I have used for multiple purchases over the last 15 years or so. I think the difference this time, however, is that the pre-order seems to be tied to a particular (local) dealer reducing the opportunity to solicit bids from, say, three dealers near me in Ottawa, and a high volume dealer in Toronto.
Yes basically you are SOL as you will have to quickly run out checking other dealers which you do not have a pre order with. So at the end of the day having a pre order and some type of past history with the dealership will assist. I learnt that the dealer I have my pre order with is part of a group and the local Acura dealer lists the same Sales Manager for both locations after I checked carcostcanada. Having purchased 3 past vehicles at Acura I am going to ask for a discount on the Ioniq 5 w the individual I have dealt w in the past.Not a tonne of room on the RWD LR but if I can get 1K off I will be happy, I also have to negotiate best value on my trade so that has to happen first

·
Registered
27 Posts
Q3 for AWD seems way long... I have a dec 2021 production date for AWD version. We shall see when someone with AWD order gets a VIN!
That would be ridiculous Q3 for AWD. Mine is slated for dec 21 build #370
i also placed an order for awd long range tesla model y.I just think the ioniq 5 would be better value and equipment and they gave me feb/march delivery

·
Registered
55 Posts
That would be ridiculous Q3 for AWD. Mine is slated for dec 21 build #370
i also placed an order for awd long range tesla model y.I just think the ioniq 5 would be better value and equipment and they gave me feb/march delivery
Oh my gosh its a way better value, no matter how you cut it. My son ordered a Tesla model Y awd long range about same time as I ordered a ioniq 5 awd, Build dates were going to be similar but I am going to guess he will get his sooner. The price difference at current msrp with fed rebate on a similar equipped ioniq 5 is over 23K. The model Y is nice but even with a longer wait for ioniq 5 its not nearly 23K nicer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh my gosh its a way better value, no matter how you cut it. My son ordered a Tesla model Y awd long range about same time as I ordered a ioniq 5 awd, Build dates were going to be similar but I am going to guess he will get his sooner. The price difference at current msrp with fed rebate on a similar equipped ioniq 5 is over 23K. The model Y is nice but even with a longer wait for ioniq 5 its not nearly 23K nicer.
I can also say that I am a little worried about the model y for road noise I did try one out and I was a little unhappy as to how much road noise there was. I have to admit I love Tesla's drivetrain and software but there is still more to a vehicle than that as far as I'm concerned. I live in Kelowna and we got all the Heat and sun in the summer and Tesla doesn't even have a rolling sun shade for the roof!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would love to say I am a master negotiator but I usually just ask for corporate pricing which is typically invoice +2%. If you go to a site like carcostcanada you can "free" invoice data( they are paid by making a referral to a dealer, so expect a sales call). For example invoice for AWD with ultimate package is $57390 +1825(freight) + options, $100 ac tax, tire tax, and whatever other fees that are required in your province. Nonetheless I am expecting to roughly get at least a $1500 off msrp without too much debate, it helps if you already have a previous business relationship with the dealer. Anyways I have bought several cars this way, even in demand popular vehicles. Occasionally a dealer does not want to play but fortunately there are more Hyundai dealers in my town than Starbucks so its not too hard to find a hungrier one.
I have always use, unhaggle.com and has been working for me. Just did a comparison and dealer cost using unhaggle is $44,770, compared with $46,945

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealership just called and said the car should arrive next month (December). Although I also found out they screwed up when changing my order. I changed to the RWD Preferred Long Range with 2 tone grey interior but they entered black interior. We'll see how it looks.

Vancouver, BC for those wondering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealership just called and said the car should arrive next month (December). Although I also found out they screwed up when changing my order. I changed to the RWD Preferred Long Range with 2 tone grey interior but they entered black interior. We'll see how it looks.

What is your order number in the line?

HAHA. should read slower.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts

Exactly how I ordered mine, 2 tone grey interior w exterior in Cyber Grey which they confirmed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealerships can charge whatever they want and the MSRP is exactly that, a suggested price by the manufacturer. Dealerships are licensed resellers (franchises) and they are open to sell their vehicles at any price they want. If they advertise a price, it must include all basic costs, such as destination fees and other fees, and excluding licensing costs. The competition laws exist to protect consumers from Dealerships applying hidden costs, but they can charge whatever you want, and the consumer certainly can and should negotiate for a price even below the MSRP.

It's important to do your research so you don't over pay on your vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer phoned yesterday. I was initially No. 12, and was advised that I am now No. 8 - RWD LR - and that the car should arrive at the dealership (interior of BC) by the third week of December - assuming that there is road access from the Vancouver port to the interior by that time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Woooooo just got a call from the dealer my I5 has already been built and is arriving in port next week! With delivery to the dealership a week or two after!!! Also confirmed that the current I5’s in port are all dealer demos! (Vancouver)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Woooooo just got a call from the dealer my I5 has already been built and is arriving in port next week! With delivery to the dealership a week or two after!!! Also confirmed that the current I5’s in port are all dealer demos! (Vancouver)
So you are #307, with a RWD model, and it's already been produced? Maybe after all of the delays they went with the "under-promise and pleasantly surprise" customers on the most recent timelines. I suppose AWD cars could be taking some time longer to deliver. I'm looking forward to a test drive now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So you are #307, with a RWD model, and it's already been produced? Maybe after all of the delays they went with the "under-promise and pleasantly surprise" customers on the most recent timelines. I suppose AWD cars could be taking some time longer to deliver. I'm looking forward to a test drive now.
Yes that’s correct dealer confirmed it this evening. It would make sense for the Underpromose idea as it ends up making their brand image look good when they deliver cars early. For me it was either this or the EV6 I have a deposit for both and decided whichever came first. So far Hyundai has been much better with communication than KIA has. Still no pricing and my KIA dealer told me that pricing would be announced next year which is kind of useless at this point. I look forward to receiving the car and when I do I will try to answer any questions anyone may have regarding the car!

pretty stocked here going from my 2019 Subaru STI intothe I5!

101 - 120 of 174 Posts