Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
81 - 100 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
None of these have shipped yet likely, so they would probably just redirect to another port if they were expecting significant delays in Port of Vancouver. It will be cheaper for them to redirect trucks to another city, than pay for storage for an indefinite amount of time in BC.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
They have a backlog of 2 weeks at vacouver port. But yes this should not impact the Ioniq 5 since they have not been shipped yet...

There will be delays once the container ships land in BC in dispersement of vehicles, I already dealt w delays on e-bikes. If you believe there will not be delays thats dreaming but I am hoping I am proved wrong.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For those of us who ordered Preffered packages this is what it’s looking like… I’m not a big fan of the unpainted plastic trim, front turns aren’t integrated and the rear tail light is missing all the pixels.
I’ve been researching this for a while now because only top trims are being given to reviewers and there’s not a lot of coverage on the entry level trims. From what I gathered this is what to expect.

I don't like the lack of integrated turn signals. The headlight LEDs blinking amber is such a premium touch. Perhaps the Essential trim will look like this, with the black cladding as well. Aren't those only available in white paint? Either way, like someone else said, I wouldn't extrapolate the Canadian builds from a Euro model. It's impossible to know what Hyundai left off and included to get the price points they needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know if the "dealer markup" craziness happening in the USA is a problem in Canada?

Whenever they announce the price, will we pay that plus the normal fees? Or do Canadian dealers add extras too?

The base i5 is at the edge of my affordability, so I'm worried it might price me out.
As I understand from a prior forum, it is illegal for a dealer to sell a car above MSRP in Canada

·
Registered
23 Posts
Assume Port Of Vancouver

Don't mind the black cladding but we will see , is that the Cyber Gray colour?

Either the Annacis Auto Terminal or Richmond BC Auto Terminal they both take delivery of Hyundai vehicles.
Sweet! Yeah it looks like the Cyber Grey, that’s the same Color as the one that’s in the video reference I posted. Hopefully we can know soon which dealership gets this model so we can finally see it up close and book test drives

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
Sweet! Yeah it looks like the Cyber Grey, that’s the same Color as the one that’s in the video reference I posted. Hopefully we can know soon which dealership gets this model so we can finally see it up close and book test drives
The Richmond Auto Port is empty , friend passes it daily, usually there is something there but he believes nothing , questions if in Covid it is actually being used and assumes the photo comes from the Annacis Port which I believe is correct. I ordered Cyber Grey, got no issue w the cladding, it can come painted or as shown. Hopefully dealer calls soon advising I can book test drive

·
Registered
4 Posts
As I understand from a prior forum, it is illegal for a dealer to sell a car above MSRP in Canada
Its not illegal for a dealer to mark up from the MSRP in Canada. Its illegal for a dealer to mark up the price wildly. That's why we won't see the crazy prices that you see in the USA. I was at the Hyundia dealer in North Vancouver the other day and their list price of the Ioniq5 is about 3k over the MSRP. 257 in the que.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its not illegal for a dealer to mark up from the MSRP in Canada. Its illegal for a dealer to mark up the price wildly. That's why we won't see the crazy prices that you see in the USA. I was at the Hyundia dealer in North Vancouver the other day and their list price of the Ioniq5 is about 3k over the MSRP. 257 in the que.
I don't believe there are any such laws as too how much a dealer can charge in Canada, wildly or not. There are consumer protection laws that vary from province to province that speak against charging more than advertised price. Typically just about every dealer's website(advertising) show MSRP pricing so they have to tread lightly there but it certainly doesn't prevent them from trying to add extra profit with non sensical "protection packages", overpriced accessories and other questionable service fees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't believe there are any such laws as too how much a dealer can charge in Canada, wildly or not. There are consumer protection laws that vary from province to province that speak against charging more than advertised price. Typically just about every dealer's website(advertising) show MSRP pricing so they have to tread lightly there but it certainly doesn't prevent them from trying to add extra profit with non sensical "protection packages", overpriced accessories and other questionable service fees.
How ever it's stated, there are rules preventing excessive price increases. In British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Quebec, by law, the price has to include all dealer fees and add-ons.The salesman I talked you the other day said they have over 200 pre-orders just for that dealership. It would be interesting to see what various dealerships are setting the prices at.

·
Registered
2018 Soul EV, Ioniq 5 reserved
19 Posts
I talked with my dealer yesterday and they said Ioniq 5s are on the ground in the port in Vancouver (as a photo above shows). He thinks BC dealers will get theirs in the next week or two. My dealer will be holding a test-drive event for people with pre-orders. I think they're doing this so people will make a commitment to their order at which point the deposit might become non-refundable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I talked with my dealer yesterday and they said Ioniq 5s are on the ground in the port in Vancouver (as a photo above shows). He thinks BC dealers will get theirs in the next week or two. My dealer will be holding a test-drive event for people with pre-orders. I think they're doing this so people will make a commitment to their order at which point the deposit might become non-refundable.
It looks like you can get an undisputed refund on the deposit anytime prior to signing a purchase or lease contract. I am not going to negotiate my sales contract until its much closer to estimated delivery. My dealer already knows I am going to negotiate below MSRP based on my past purchase history with him.

I suppose that if you kicked up enough of a fuss even with a signed contract you could probably get your money back up until delivery of the vehicle. The dealer really should not make much of a fuss. Even if you declined it last minute an otherwise very popular vehicle goes into his inventory for a very brief period of time costing him virtually nothing in carrying costs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks like you can get an undisputed refund on the deposit anytime prior to signing a purchase or lease contract. I am not going to negotiate my sales contract until its much closer to estimated delivery. My dealer already knows I am going to negotiate below MSRP based on my past purchase history with him.

I suppose that if you kicked up enough of a fuss even with a signed contract you could probably get your money back up until delivery of the vehicle. The dealer really should not make much of a fuss. Even if you declined it last minute an otherwise very popular vehicle goes into his inventory for a very brief period of time costing him virtually nothing in carrying costs.
So let us in on your negotiation techniques! I would think it would be difficult on a popular new vehicle.

81 - 100 of 174 Posts