Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 80 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m #307 right now. Got there from being at 1309 with build date in June 2020 (AWD Ultimate) but I changed to RWD long range after pricing released and was bumped up the list. Looks like it’s true RWD will be produced first. But since I’ve changed my order Hyundai haven’t send me an update email with when to expect build. I’m hoping either this month or December

·
Registered
31 Posts
I placed an order the day pre-orders opened and am sitting at 469. Been told it is just cause I ordered AWD Ultimate with Lucid Blue exterior.

Seems like the queue system is a little random, but I am sure it is just cause they are trying to batch builds together for manufacturing.

Kinda sucks though cause the implication of a queue would be first in first out vs pooling builds based on advantages in manufacturing or logistics. Reality though is that automotive manufacturing is rarely FIFO.

At this point will just be glad to hopefully have a new vehicle by the spring.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
201st in line with November assembly on preferred awd - lucid blue

My guess is the Preferred AWD is the most popular requested.
I have a #59 for Nov w rwd preferred here in greater Vancouver area as example, I believe rwd will be the most poular due to the range.

What many may want to take in consideration is that if they reside outside of BC Canada prepare yourself for a later delivery than expected if anticipating a March delivery based on what has happened and is still ongoing in BC w winter approaching. There definitely will be delivery delays with the province in a State Of Emergency as all deliveries by container ship start from BC. As it stands now the #1 hwy will not see a complete repair until well into late 2022. Rain resumed today locally although not torrential, thankfully, many are stranded still or have just been resuced , supply chains are disrupted. We can only hope for the best and also ensure we are kind to one another and help one another. We are already seeing the effects w reg gas now out at some stations as they are offering 93 octane at reg price of 1.60 for example. In some areas stations will temp shut down to avoid those hoarding

·
Registered
45 Posts
I placed two pre-orders on June 2 2021.

1. Preferred RWD LR. I received an email from Hyundai on November 5 saying "Your vehicle is expected to be built in Nov-21 and is number 24 in the priority sequence."

2. Preferred AWD LR with Ultimate package. Haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealership called me and said they are expecting rwd first in q1, then awd in q3.

Edit: they were also trying to sell me the car I already own though, so their information is suspect and potentially aligned with trying to get some sales in before the end of year.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Q3 for AWD seems way long... I have a dec 2021 production date for AWD version. We shall see when someone with AWD order gets a VIN!
Interesting. I ordered a Preferred AWD LR with Ultimate package on Jun 2. I ordered a Preferred RWD LR on the same day. I received an email saying I was #42 in the queue with a production date of Nov-21 for the RWD, nothing heard about the AWD.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
I also have a DEC. build date for a LR AWD Ultimate.... so hoping for feb mar delivery but the way things are going out here in BC who knows?
I don't think Feb is a possible delivery date w a build date of Dec. Realistic is end of March I believe but hope sooner for yourself and all others as well, my build date is this month but not expecting before end March, will keep wishing upon a star

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think Feb is a possible delivery date w a build date of Dec. Realistic is end of March I believe but hope sooner for yourself and all others as well, my build date is this month but not expecting before end March, will keep wishing upon a star
Yeah 6-8 weeks after build is a reasonable wait time, if your on the west coast it will be a little quicker. My Kona EV had a delivery to the prairies almost exactly 8 weeks after build date.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For those of us who ordered Preffered packages this is what it’s looking like… I’m not a big fan of the unpainted plastic trim, front turns aren’t integrated and the rear tail light is missing all the pixels.
I’ve been researching this for a while now because only top trims are being given to reviewers and there’s not a lot of coverage on the entry level trims. From what I gathered this is what to expect.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
For those of us who ordered Preffered packages this is what it’s looking like… I’m not a big fan of the unpainted plastic trim, front turns aren’t integrated and the rear tail light is missing all the pixels.
I’ve been researching this for a while now because only top trims are being given to reviewers and there’s not a lot of coverage on the entry level trims. From what I gathered this is what to expect.

I am completely down with this if this is what shows up as Long Range Preferred RWD, had to expect you will not get an exterior look identical to what the Ultimate and top trims are. However once cars actually arrive one can make a decision to proceed or wait and pay more. I am personally liking the max max trim in black:) Interior color exactly what I ordered and is this a matte finish?? Please do tell

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Any further news on your order. I live in BC and hear crickets
Crickets also. Not expecting news until dealer gets a demo car to show off and allow customers to decide on their orders. January is a guesstimate of that happening. Il production of canadian orders really started in november the lucky ones who got a build slot in nov 21 should get a VIN soon via dealer. If no VIN in the next week then production of dec 21 cars pushed back to jan 22?

·
Registered
45 Posts

I'm not sure what we can infer from this video. Preferred isn't the entry level trim in Canada, it is called "Essential". Also, knowing how things are configured for different markets, I'd be wary of extrapolating from the German specification to a Canadian one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am currently #17 and seriously thinking to delay and wait after the Ontario Provincial election in June 2022.
Dougie, thinks only millionaires will buy EV vehicles and will not re-instate the $8K rebates that were in place.
All other parties say they will provide this rebate to promote EV vehicles.
Right now, the poll still have Dougie leading by a slim margin. Probably i will be getting a VIN soon and will have to make a decision....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am currently #17 and seriously thinking to delay and wait after the Ontario Provincial election in June 2022.
Dougie, thinks only millionaires will buy EV vehicles and will not re-instate the $8K rebates that were in place.
Right now, the poll still have Dougie leading by a slim margin. Probably i will be getting a VIN soon and will have to make a decision....
The Ontario provincial debt is so high that no party will have the money for EV rebates. You might as well buy it now.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I wouldn't make financial decisions based on which government might be in place in the future. Nothing is guaranteed. If you are debating a purchase due to a non-existent government incentive, you're probably better off not making the purchase at this time. You have to assume you're paying full price, and any rebates will just be a bonus.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
Count on delays further w the flooding and issues in BC, think many are overlooking this. If you need an eve assume the MSRP, rebates following or available at time of purchase are an added bonus.

61 - 80 of 175 Posts