Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Soul EV, Ioniq 5 reserved
27 Posts
I talked with my dealer last week and was told he'd have a car late Nov for test drives. Looking forward to that. Note that he had no idea when my reservation might be filled.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
315 Posts
I talked with my dealer last week and was told he'd have a car late Nov for test drives. Looking forward to that. Note that he had no idea when my reservation might be filled.

That's great, lets hope they can release pricing by Nov, Tesla M3 SR+ for me is still an option if this drags out longer than expected and the test drive does not live up to what I am hoping for...

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
315 Posts
ID.4 are now hitting certain Canadian VW lots, example 95 AWD are ordered and expected to arrive by end of January in Vancouver w majority already reserved w 3K deposits. Some dealerships are getting their RWD demo vehicles this week, looking to drive one to compare as pricing is quite good for a full load AWD, a little plain in styling and offering less range but some great features. Be nice to see the Canadian priced Ioniq 5 come in similar for the Ultimate option

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if the "dealer markup" craziness happening in the USA is a problem in Canada?

Whenever they announce the price, will we pay that plus the normal fees? Or do Canadian dealers add extras too?

The base i5 is at the edge of my affordability, so I'm worried it might price me out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I never paid a markup for any car I bought... I will not start with this one. If markup is asked, I'll say bye bye... It's a Hyundai FFS, not a Lambo! But I think ADM are illegal in Canada and dealer can get in trouble if you file a complaint, but not sure 100%

·
Read Only
325 Posts
Did a little further digging here in BC w 2 dealers, one which I pre ordered with. They believe these will be coming January and likely into ones hands in February, those of course who pre ordered will be first in line to test drive as each dealer will be keeping one hand to demo and will reach out to those who pre-ordered first. I would always look at the latter as leaning more to being realistic but god damn hope its earler...
Does Canada have the same issue with its truckers as the US?

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
315 Posts
Does Canada have the same issue with its truckers as the US?
There is currently a shortage of drivers here as well, thankfully I am on the west coast and the container ships land directly here , delivery takes place 15 minutes from where I reside

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
315 Posts
How can the I5 be rated? It's not even in the hands of consumers. hmmm....

I agree , I posted it knowing we can get a chuckle out of it, apparently it received this rave review rating by showing up at an auto show, lol, clown show of immense proportions

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a call from dealer to confirm production for my Ioniq5 order is planned for november. No news yet on price. I'm number 291 in production queue according to dealer and I placed order on june 16th.😁
I order on June 15. No news yet :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I order on June 15. No news yet :(
Humm! Did you try calling the dealer? I did not get any more info since thread start. I will let november pass and call back dealer to see if production actually happenned. With all the delays in the car industry (and everywhere else) I'm not expecting a positive answer... We'll see.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Since monday Hyundai Canada is airing a TV commercial featuring the Ioniq5 (and every other EV cars). Price announcement should follow soon since "normal"* people are going to start asking about it...

*normal people: any person that does not spend countless hours on car forums months/years before a car actually reaches dealer and hence can spend lots more time with family and friends and have better sleep

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice! I just finished my pre-order last night. Seriously doubt they will get enough EV's to fill that order. Our local dealer in Calgary is the smallest in the city and they already have 25 preorders. Ya... not gonna happen. But you never know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nice! I just finished my pre-order last night. Seriously doubt they will get enough EV's to fill that order. Our local dealer in Calgary is the smallest in the city and they already have 25 preorders. Ya... not gonna happen. But you never know.
Keep your hopes up as people will drop off the list for different reasons (price, delay, change of mind since reservation...) Heck I have my name on at least 4 lists for different vehicules!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im in California. I was not able to get on the queue to order one. Can i go to the local dealer and preordered with $500 deposit still?

·
Registered
20 Posts
looks like bad news incoming.... hyundai canada website updated estimated launch date to now mid 2022
hopefully they meant if you pre order now, you will get it mid 2022.
If they are truly launching it mid 2022 for those who have preordered since back in June or earlier then I am guessing many would have switched by mid 2022…if they haven’t already lol

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
706 Posts
I just checked the US site and it still says winter of 2021. But I remember when Canada changed from fall to winter, the US followed about 2 months late. Of course in 2 months it will be winter. Maybe we can get an update at the November 4 live walk around.

21 - 40 of 254 Posts