Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from dealer to confirm production for my Ioniq5 order is planned for november. No news yet on price. I'm number 291 in production queue according to dealer and I placed order on june 16th.馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I have my 500 bucks in with Hyundai. I'm pretty skeptical about actually getting it, however, as I'm in New Brunswick. EV rebate has just come in here this year (matches the Federal 5K), but I think the market is just not big enough for manufacturers to send vehicles our way...
I sure wish for you to be able to get one! When did you place your order/deposit?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in CT and there is a limit to the state rebate based upon the car price. For me, the AWD price will put me beyond the limit and I won't qualify. Not sure if the same applies to you.

Also, @kart125 : Did you call the same dealer after pre order or the dealer called you directly?
The dealer called me. TBH I was not expecting a call before 2022 as I placed my order 2 weeks after beginning of pre-orders. I'm wondering if they are staging the builds (AWD Ultimate before others... I have White AWD utimate on order). That could explain the early call.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Put my deposit in with Hyundai in early August and it was sent to the closest dealership, which in my case was Moncton. They were pretty quick to contact me, although I think they mostly wanted to sell me something from inventory. Once I let them know I was only interested in the 5, and only if it comes in at a price that makes it eligible for the rebates, I haven't heard a peep from them.
Same for me I placed order on Hyundai Canada website. The next day I got a call from local dealer to confirm buid and take deposit. Never got news until yesterday.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered mine the first day preorders started June 1st. I am 66th in line. My dealer told me that my car was being built in October and that I should receive it in December.
But I as at the EV show in Montr茅al a few weeks ago and there the Hyundai rep. told me that they will start to build in December and I should have my car in March. Big deception.
I had the same discussion at the electric car show 2 weeks ago. That is why the call I got yesterday was surprising. Maybe the intel changed from the motherland.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So a November production means possible February delivery? Nothing like getting that brand new car out onto a freshly salted road. I wouldn't mind if they take a bit of time to get us into March. I put my deposit down June 2nd so I'm hoping to have an early pick of the litter.
I would not mind also to get the car in march-april but I'm actively looking to get a decent set of winter tires/rims just in case. I once took delivery of a car in mid february and the choice for snow tires at that time of year was horrible...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I never paid a markup for any car I bought... I will not start with this one. If markup is asked, I'll say bye bye... It's a Hyundai FFS, not a Lambo! But I think ADM are illegal in Canada and dealer can get in trouble if you file a complaint, but not sure 100%

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I order on June 15. No news yet :(
Humm! Did you try calling the dealer? I did not get any more info since thread start. I will let november pass and call back dealer to see if production actually happenned. With all the delays in the car industry (and everywhere else) I'm not expecting a positive answer... We'll see.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Since monday Hyundai Canada is airing a TV commercial featuring the Ioniq5 (and every other EV cars). Price announcement should follow soon since "normal"* people are going to start asking about it...

*normal people: any person that does not spend countless hours on car forums months/years before a car actually reaches dealer and hence can spend lots more time with family and friends and have better sleep

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nice! I just finished my pre-order last night. Seriously doubt they will get enough EV's to fill that order. Our local dealer in Calgary is the smallest in the city and they already have 25 preorders. Ya... not gonna happen. But you never know.
Keep your hopes up as people will drop off the list for different reasons (price, delay, change of mind since reservation...) Heck I have my name on at least 4 lists for different vehicules!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Damn!! Info I got from dealer was a SCAM! It got me into buying winter wheels and tires in preparation for a february/march delivery. I guess I'll store them in garden shed for winter so to free up space in garage...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
My dealership called me and said they are expecting rwd first in q1, then awd in q3.
Q3 for AWD seems way long... I have a dec 2021 production date for AWD version. We shall see when someone with AWD order gets a VIN!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Any further news on your order. I live in BC and hear crickets
Crickets also. Not expecting news until dealer gets a demo car to show off and allow customers to decide on their orders. January is a guesstimate of that happening. Il production of canadian orders really started in november the lucky ones who got a build slot in nov 21 should get a VIN soon via dealer. If no VIN in the next week then production of dec 21 cars pushed back to jan 22?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Number 285 here and no news since letter from Hyundai (AWD Ultimate). Glad some of us in Canada are soon gonna get cars!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
I just chatted with my saleswoman. I moved up 3 ranks from 285 to 282 with production planned for december. She is expecting demo car in december but waiting for definitive date from Hyundai Canada... might be january.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Just got a reply from saleswoman saying interest rates are out! 3,99% for buy and 5,99% for lease but she did not include terms. I asked about terms and will report back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts