Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I placed two pre-orders on June 2 2021.

1. Preferred RWD LR. I received an email from Hyundai on November 5 saying "Your vehicle is expected to be built in Nov-21 and is number 24 in the priority sequence."

2. Preferred AWD LR with Ultimate package. Haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Q3 for AWD seems way long... I have a dec 2021 production date for AWD version. We shall see when someone with AWD order gets a VIN!
Interesting. I ordered a Preferred AWD LR with Ultimate package on Jun 2. I ordered a Preferred RWD LR on the same day. I received an email saying I was #42 in the queue with a production date of Nov-21 for the RWD, nothing heard about the AWD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For those of us who ordered Preffered packages this is what it’s looking like… I’m not a big fan of the unpainted plastic trim, front turns aren’t integrated and the rear tail light is missing all the pixels.
I’ve been researching this for a while now because only top trims are being given to reviewers and there’s not a lot of coverage on the entry level trims. From what I gathered this is what to expect.

I'm not sure what we can infer from this video. Preferred isn't the entry level trim in Canada, it is called "Essential". Also, knowing how things are configured for different markets, I'd be wary of extrapolating from the German specification to a Canadian one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am currently #17 and seriously thinking to delay and wait after the Ontario Provincial election in June 2022.
Dougie, thinks only millionaires will buy EV vehicles and will not re-instate the $8K rebates that were in place.
All other parties say they will provide this rebate to promote EV vehicles.
Right now, the poll still have Dougie leading by a slim margin. Probably i will be getting a VIN soon and will have to make a decision....
The Ontario provincial debt is so high that no party will have the money for EV rebates. You might as well buy it now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's the same approach I have used for multiple purchases over the last 15 years or so. I think the difference this time, however, is that the pre-order seems to be tied to a particular (local) dealer reducing the opportunity to solicit bids from, say, three dealers near me in Ottawa, and a high volume dealer in Toronto.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have always use, unhaggle.com and has been working for me. Just did a comparison and dealer cost using unhaggle is $44,770, compared with $46,945
This is fine under normal circumstances but, with pre-ordering, it's hard to see how this will work when the pre-order is tied to a specific dealer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That would be ridiculous Q3 for AWD. Mine is slated for dec 21 build #370
i also placed an order for awd long range tesla model y.I just think the ioniq 5 would be better value and equipment and they gave me feb/march delivery
I placed two pre-orders on June 2 2021. One of them was for a preferred AWD LR with Ultimate package. Haven't heard anything. Dealer is clueless. Have emailed Hyundai Canada but all they said was they'll ask the dealer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts