Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from dealer to confirm production for my Ioniq5 order is planned for november. No news yet on price. I'm number 291 in production queue according to dealer and I placed order on june 16th.😁

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just got a call from the dealer to confirm production for my Ioniq5 order is planned for November. No news yet on price. I'm number 291 in the production queue according to the dealer and I placed an order on June 16th.😁
This means US customers will get their I5's about the same time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice. I have my 500 bucks in with Hyundai. I'm pretty skeptical about actually getting it, however, as I'm in New Brunswick. EV rebate has just come in here this year (matches the Federal 5K), but I think the market is just not big enough for manufacturers to send vehicles our way...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I have my 500 bucks in with Hyundai. I'm pretty skeptical about actually getting it, however, as I'm in New Brunswick. EV rebate has just come in here this year (matches the Federal 5K), but I think the market is just not big enough for manufacturers to send vehicles our way...
I sure wish for you to be able to get one! When did you place your order/deposit?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am in CT and there is a limit to the state rebate based upon the car price. For me, the AWD price will put me beyond the limit and I won't qualify. Not sure if the same applies to you.

Also, @kart125 : Did you call the same dealer after pre order or the dealer called you directly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Put my deposit in with Hyundai in early August and it was sent to the closest dealership, which in my case was Moncton. They were pretty quick to contact me, although I think they mostly wanted to sell me something from inventory. Once I let them know I was only interested in the 5, and only if it comes in at a price that makes it eligible for the rebates, I haven't heard a peep from them.

I sure wish for you to be able to get one! When did you place your order/deposit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting. I put my $500 deposit in directly at my local dealership only about a month ago, but from what I was told I was taking the place of someone who had just cancelled, was tired of waiting and took their deposit back, so I'm curious as to where I would be in the queue. Was also told that dealerships were not allowed to place orders for their own lot, each Ioniq5 order had to be attached to a specific person, with deposit, etc. From the way I understood it, each dealership this fall would get a few cars, different models, colours, and they would just phone the deposit holders in order and see if they wanted a car or their deposit back.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in CT and there is a limit to the state rebate based upon the car price. For me, the AWD price will put me beyond the limit and I won't qualify. Not sure if the same applies to you.

Also, @kart125 : Did you call the same dealer after pre order or the dealer called you directly?
The dealer called me. TBH I was not expecting a call before 2022 as I placed my order 2 weeks after beginning of pre-orders. I'm wondering if they are staging the builds (AWD Ultimate before others... I have White AWD utimate on order). That could explain the early call.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Put my deposit in with Hyundai in early August and it was sent to the closest dealership, which in my case was Moncton. They were pretty quick to contact me, although I think they mostly wanted to sell me something from inventory. Once I let them know I was only interested in the 5, and only if it comes in at a price that makes it eligible for the rebates, I haven't heard a peep from them.
Same for me I placed order on Hyundai Canada website. The next day I got a call from local dealer to confirm buid and take deposit. Never got news until yesterday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got a call from dealer to confirm production for my Ioniq5 order is planned for november. No news yet on price. I'm number 291 in production queue according to dealer and I placed order on june 16th.😁
I ordered mine the first day preorders started June 1st. I am 66th in line. My dealer told me that my car was being built in October and that I should receive it in December.
But I as at the EV show in Montréal a few weeks ago and there the Hyundai rep. told me that they will start to build in December and I should have my car in March. Big deception.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered mine the first day preorders started June 1st. I am 66th in line. My dealer told me that my car was being built in October and that I should receive it in December.
But I as at the EV show in Montréal a few weeks ago and there the Hyundai rep. told me that they will start to build in December and I should have my car in March. Big deception.
I had the same discussion at the electric car show 2 weeks ago. That is why the call I got yesterday was surprising. Maybe the intel changed from the motherland.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That’s very encouraging. We ordered in July and haven’t heard anything. Still waiting for pricing. The dealer knows nothing :-(

·
Registered
77 Posts
So a November production means possible February delivery? Nothing like getting that brand new car out onto a freshly salted road. I wouldn't mind if they take a bit of time to get us into March. I put my deposit down June 2nd so I'm hoping to have an early pick of the litter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So a November production means possible February delivery? Nothing like getting that brand new car out onto a freshly salted road. I wouldn't mind if they take a bit of time to get us into March. I put my deposit down June 2nd so I'm hoping to have an early pick of the litter.
I would not mind also to get the car in march-april but I'm actively looking to get a decent set of winter tires/rims just in case. I once took delivery of a car in mid february and the choice for snow tires at that time of year was horrible...

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
Reality sounds like late Feb/March. The dealer info seems to vary, hopefully will get more consistent when they look at Hyundai portal. I pre ordered day 1 similar to others and am in BC, expect we will see vehicles here just due to logistics before others. I have accepted it will be in 2022, I am gathering late Feb. The shipping time is near 3 mths for the vehicle to get here on the container ships, then there is a massive backlog at customs followed by dealer delivery. Ordered electric bikes, originally July then Aug, now late Oct delivery, would not be surprised it changes to early Nov. Also have a pre order deposit on EV 6 as well, both options LR RWD, will be nice to test ride each, just want all the rebates applicable for province

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reality sounds like late Feb/March. The dealer info seems to vary, hopefully will get more consistent when they look at Hyundai portal. I pre ordered day 1 similar to others and am in BC, expect we will see vehicles here just due to logistics before others. I have accepted it will be in 2022, I am gathering late Feb. The shipping time is near 3 mths for the vehicle to get here on the container ships, then there is a massive backlog at customs followed by dealer delivery. Ordered electric bikes, originally July then Aug, now late Oct delivery, would not be surprised it changes to early Nov. Also have a pre order deposit on EV 6 as well, both options LR RWD, will be nice to test ride each, just want all the rebates applicable for province
Also in BC here. Which dealer did you deposit for EV6?

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
212 Posts
Did a little further digging here in BC w 2 dealers, one which I pre ordered with. They believe these will be coming January and likely into ones hands in February, those of course who pre ordered will be first in line to test drive as each dealer will be keeping one hand to demo and will reach out to those who pre-ordered first. I would always look at the latter as leaning more to being realistic but god damn hope its earler...

1 - 20 of 174 Posts